Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Christopher Jersey Gonzalez was born at home at 6:20 pm on Saturday, June 18th. It was a darn quick labor -- just about two and a half hours of active labor. The midwife arrived just in time -- he came twenty
minutes later!

All are well and healthy. I want to post my whole birth story (all two hours of it!) but I think my mom just got here with big brother ds. More soon!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:

OMG Melissa! Wow, that bloody show wasn't kidding around!

I cannot believe it all happened so fast.

Congratulations to you and your family and wecome baby boy Daniel

I can't wait to hear how it all happened.
s to you, my friend! You did it!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congrats!!!!
I'm starting to really believe it when I'm hearing bloody show means labor will probably start in 24 hours. I wasn't buying it before but I believe a lot of mommas on here have experienced it!
I'm also reading about it on gentlebirth.org in many places in the archives.
Enjoy your boys!! I can't wait to hear all about the birth and of course hopefully mirror it when our time comes

Karen

·
Registered
540 Posts
congratulations!! dh had to be physically restrained from calling your dh--i told him he needs to give you guys a few days babymoon. i look forward to meeting daniel, kiss his velvety head for me until i get the chance.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After I posted here at 2:00, I took a nap, and got woken up by a contraction or two somewhere around 3:00. Knowing how many of you have had contractions for days with no results, I took it pretty easy, but called the midwife by 4:15 or so becaues things were heating up -- also called to cancel the barbeque at 5:00 (!) and asked my mom to come pick up ds.

Somehow during this time I shaved my legs and put on my labor necklace (!), then got in the shower and while I was in there I had a lot of contractions right on top of each other. What helped was visualizing my uterus opening up, and remembering that "a strong contraction is a good contraction" -- I just wnated to get it all over with! I couldn't stand up after awhile, and spent some time on the bathroom floor in the knee-chest position. All the while, dh was in the living room, fairly oblivious (I didn't want to freak him out, and there was nothing he could do anyway).

Finally made it to my bed where I stayed in knee-chest position and asked dh to call the midwife to tell her to hurry (although I thinked I handled my labor really well, I was starting to lose it at this point). He called her and I could hear him telling her "Everything's ok" and I yelled "Everything is NOT okay! I said tell her to HURRY!!!" She got there at 6:00, and the baby was born at 6:20 after just three or four pushes -- it was unbelievable, very animalistic. She said, "Look down. There's your baby!" and there he was on the bed underneath me. Dh and I were both just totally shocked at how quickly and relatively easily it happened (although note that I started this labor saying firmly, "Never again!").

Interestingly, where Miles came out looking like a All-American linebacker, broad shoulders, blonde hair, and 8 lbs, 13 oz., Dan is much slimmer, lankier, and darker and weighed just 7 pounds 8 oz. Of course, all kids are different but it's a surprise nonetheless. He's doing great, nursing away, and big brother Miles has been very doting, full of kisses and hugs and concern.

Can't wait to catch up with all your stories!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow, Melissa, that is so amazing. I've been dying to hear how it all happened so quickly.

So, you just woke up from your nap with a strong contraction, labored for 3 hours and then bam, out he came?! That's wild! I know that precipitous labors can be intense and frightening but how nice to have it all go so quickly and so well.

I'm so happy for you
My two have different coloring, too, as I am blonde, blue-eyed and my dh is dark haired and brown-eyed--it's interesting how they can look different. Well, I hope you are resting and that nursing is going well.

Congratulations again to your family and to big brother Miles especially.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.