Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, is his diaper drenched in the morning! And it icks me out to think of all that wetness sitting next to him. He wears a Firefly Sleep Tight with the extra doubler and a (knitted? crocheted?) wool doubler stuffed in there, too. An Aristocrat tops it off. BTW, this combo usually goes from about 11 am til 6:30 am. I have some fleece that I put on top, but there's still wetness touching his skin in the morning.

So I'm thinking about trying to cut some fleece exactly in the shape of the Firefly to give more protection. If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
My DS will wet all at once in the early morning hours, so I just keep a new dipe on the floor nearby and change him (he doesn't wake up).....and then he doesn't soak the dipe so bad. Also you could take a hemp trifold and fold it into a square ( 8 layers o' hemp) and place it right in the front wet zone. That usually keeps the majority of the dipe dry for me.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Angelica,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try stuffing a prefold in there, too. After all, how can it be a true nighttime diaper unless it impedes crawling?? :LOL

We cosleep, and I don't usually wake up during the night (yay!), so changing him after 11 isn't really an option.

Jenn, I'm still curious as to what your answer is!

thanks,
Erin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.