Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope it's ok I started this :) It's just been so quiet around here.

How's everyone doing? As for me, I'm doing this day by day. Its been quite rough with the nausea/vomiting.

Updates anyone?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm coming up to 13 weeks and definitely noticing improvements in energy, and less nausea. I keep thinking I might be able to drop my daily nap, but quickly realize that isn't possible quite yet. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm coming on ten weeks, and I have actually lost one pound even though I don't vomit. Is this bad? i gained twenty pounds with each of my last two pregnancies, but didn't lose the baby weight before I got pregnant this time, so I was chubby. Do chubbier gals have to gain as much in the beginning? I'm worried that this is a bad sign, looking for someone who knows more than I do (clearly!). Otherwise, my pregnancy is going well.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh! I can't wait to say I'm out of this first trimester! I'm literally counting down the days on my calendar, lol!

As far as weight goes I've lost 6 lbs, but definitely have been vomiting. 5 of those lbs were lost in 4 days, when my MS hit me hard! It got so bad that I had to get on medication. The fact that I was dehydrated definitely did not help, but now that I've seem to reset myself, I'm trying not to take the med. I wouldn't worry about losing that 1 lb. There will be plenty of time to start adding the pregnancy pounds in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, :wink: I'm coming up on 10 weeks as well. Just 2 more weeks to go...just 2 more weeks to go...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am 13 weeks. Feeling mostly fine now. I did an early gestational diabetes screen due to multiple risk factors and blew it out of the water. Not a big surprise and easily diet controlled (so far). Maybe its good to know now that I absolutely can't eat my way through the holiday stress, haha.

WRT bigger moms - no, you don't have to gain any weight at first. Depending on how big you are you might not gain much at all. I didn't gain much if anything last time without diet restriction or anything, but I am over 200 pounds and fairly active so that seems to work for me.

We found out through the NIPT that we are having another boy. Telling my kids - both older boys - helped me get excited about another boy. Of course we are so thrilled that the NIPT looked fine and are just now starting to connect with the idea that this pregnancy might actually stick and be healthy! So exciting.

I can feel a little movement the last few days which is really fun.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The weirdest thing is that I don't have nausea so much as a terrible gag reflex. Does that make sense? Everything below my collarbone feels normal, but from there up I just feel bleh. I barely made it through my trip to Costco today!

13 weeks tomorrow and we got to see the little one on our NT scan on Friday. Everything looked fine but the baby was so still through the whole thing. Now I'm wondering why the baby was so still. You'd never guess that this is my 4th pregnancy by all my worries, but I think the fact that it is an unplanned pregnancy means I wasn't mentally prepared for all of this!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The weirdest thing is that I don't have nausea so much as a terrible gag reflex. Does that make sense? Everything below my collarbone feels normal, but from there up I just feel bleh. I barely made it through my trip to Costco today!

!

This is me. Everything is fine then - Omg what is that smell?!- start retching and throw up.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feeling little movements already? How exiting!

I couldn't believe my doctor when he told me the sex of the baby could be determined so early! The last time I was pregnant was 2007-2007 and NIPT was not around yet. I'm going in this week for that blood draw for the non invasiveness of it, and finding out the sex will be an *extra* since DH can't wait.

It's funny how normally all those samples at Costco are welcome, but not lately, lol!

·
Registered
243 Posts
How exciting to be feeling movements already! Can't wait to hear about your test results. I never find out the sex before birth but I'm always really excited when others find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have cptsd and im pregnant plus my partner left us 3 weeks Ago. im really struggling, I cant get in touch with him Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had more advice for you, but I really don't other than leaving him a message where you can that you have some very important stuff to talk about. Reach out to family for support for yourself and your church if you go to church. I will keep you in my prayers mama.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am 13 weeks. Feeling mostly fine now. I did an early gestational diabetes screen due to multiple risk factors and blew it out of the water. Not a big surprise and easily diet controlled (so far). Maybe its good to know now that I absolutely can't eat my way through the holiday stress, haha.

WRT bigger moms - no, you don't have to gain any weight at first. Depending on how big you are you might not gain much at all. I didn't gain much if anything last time without diet restriction or anything, but I am over 200 pounds and fairly active so that seems to work for me.

We found out through the NIPT that we are having another boy. Telling my kids - both older boys - helped me get excited about another boy. Of course we are so thrilled that the NIPT looked fine and are just now starting to connect with the idea that this pregnancy might actually stick and be healthy! So exciting.

I can feel a little movement the last few days which is really fun.
Thanks! I ended up losing more weight due to stomach flu, but now that I can occasionally feel movement (11 1/2 wks) I feel a bit better about baby being fine. :)

I was about forty pounds overweight before this baby, so who knows what my body needs to gain. I trust it will just let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts