Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A new week! Yay! Updates anyone? I'll post in a while, but the kids need lunch! :)

Hi again! I love seeing a new week thread! Anything that shows the passing of time these days is welcome. :)
I am seriously going to have to go shopping for some pants soon! I've been living in 2 pairs of yoga pants or lounge shorts (but the shorts can't leave the house,lol) because I can't stand anything pressing on my belly. Anyone else going to start wearing maternity wear or already wearing it? I find myself wanting to go to my OB already so I can hear baby's heartbeat again. Why do us mothers worry so much? :) It's so reassuring to hear the whoosh whoosh whoosh! I won't be going in for another 2 weeks or so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been in maternity clothes for a week now. I'm huge. My uterus is measuring more like 14-15 weeks than 11. I have a scan Friday to see what's going on but it could just be a fifth baby thing. Also I go to genetics tomorrow to book my nipt. I'm a huge fan of the nipt and if I could just do one test that would be it. It's free and easy to get now because I'm 40 otherwise you still have to pay for it in Ontario. Big week all around!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm getting by with a bella band and staying at home a lot, lol. Even though I'm 14 weeks and change, I still don't feel like its late enough to invest in new clothes. Plus, I hate shopping!

I love the NIPT too, clearlycrazy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just made 13 weeks yesterday! I'm hoping to not buy maternity clothes at all, is that crazy? I want to get a belly band and I only go into the office twice a week so hoping I can get away with big clothes haha. I have a lot of lower back pain already, and I have acne on only one cheek. I switched to an all natural goat's milk soap and oil moisturizer so I'm going to see if it helps. Still don't have a prenatal practitioner so I haven't taken any tests besides monitoring my progesterone. So grateful for this forum to get more information.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've been wearing maternity stuff for weeks, and I'm almost 12 weeks. Lol. I hate tight clothing, so maybe it's preference over necessity. And I don't know what it is about pregnancy, but every time I'm having a baby the only food I fantasize about is a chopped liver sandwich on rye, I would do anything to have one Right. Now. My husband wishes I would go the ice cream route, of course. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, I'm all about maternity clothes, lol. Old Navy has lots of cheap stuff, and it's just worth it to be comfortable! Or even the thrift store. :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just made 13 weeks yesterday! I'm hoping to not buy maternity clothes at all, is that crazy? I want to get a belly band and I only go into the office twice a week so hoping I can get away with big clothes haha. I have a lot of lower back pain already, and I have acne on only one cheek. I switched to an all natural goat's milk soap and oil moisturizer so I'm going to see if it helps. Still don't have a prenatal practitioner so I haven't taken any tests besides monitoring my progesterone. So grateful for this forum to get more information.
I know some women who have gone without maternity clothes - I think it depends a lot on your bone structure and if your hips and butt can hold up pants that hang out under your belly. Or big dresses and mumus!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
. And I don't know what it is about pregnancy, but every time I'm having a baby the only food I fantasize about is a chopped liver sandwich on rye, I would do anything to have one Right. Now. My husband wishes I would go the ice cream route, of course. :)
Well at least it's a healthy craving.....lol!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh man just looking at liver makes me gag! Pretty great craving to have though. Weirdly I've been craving Kraft dinner. I don't eat gluten, processed food and only a little dairy - but all I want is a big box of Kraft dinner.,.

·
Registered
243 Posts
:hide 14.5 weeks and still hiding my pregnancy! We decided not to tell the kids until after DS2's birthday (one week from today) so that he doesn't feel overshadowed. Therefore, I've been afraid to wear maternity pants because DS1 is very perceptive and remembers my last pregnancy well so if he sees the pants, the secret would be out. Soon they'll know and I can wear comfortable pants!

Anyone else crave sour things? Forget sweets and processed foods, I just want vinegar-filled salads and lime-laden homemade guacamole!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mmmm, guacamole sounds really good now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts