Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new week is here! :)

Got my NIPT results yesterday. All was negative, which was good, and we are having a girl! So surprised :) We will be evening out our brood to 3 boys and 3 girls. :grin:

Anyone else have updates? Movement? Belly pics? I'll be taking my first pic this Thurs when I'm officially 12 weeks. There is now a definite pooch, although to the world who doesn't know I'm expecting, I'm still in the 'have a tummy' stage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A new week is here! :)

Got my NIPT results yesterday. All was negative, which was good, and we are having a girl! So surprised :) We will be evening out our brood to 3 boys and 3 girls. :grin:

Anyone else have updates? Movement? Belly pics? I'll be taking my first pic this Thurs when I'm officially 12 weeks. There is now a definite pooch, although to the world who doesn't know I'm expecting, I'm still in the 'have a tummy' stage.
14w here. No movement yet, although I'm not expecting any until about 16w.

My blood sugars are starting to get wacky, which means I need to be more careful about what I eat. GDM is no fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in week 14, and I don't know if it's pregnancy related buy I have a shooting pain in my right butt cheek haha. My back is also aching. I had low progesterone in my last blood test so in addition to taking the vaginal supplements my doctor is ordering me shots. Anyone take them? I have to do them twice a week, not looking forward to it but better to be safe. Also had my first appt at the birth center, got NIPT and heard the baby's heart beat again :) It's definitely becoming more real!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get my nipt next week. I hate waiting. I'm 12 weeks today and unmistakablely pregnant. I've been feeling a bit of movement but nothing regular yet.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get my nipt next week. I hate waiting. I'm 12 weeks today and unmistakablely pregnant. I've been feeling a bit of movement but nothing regular yet.
I know about the waiting part,lol! My hubby wanted me to keep calling the doc to see if they had the results yet. They finally came in though and now I'm counting down to my ultrasound this Tues. Can't wait to hear/see the heartbeat. I'm curious to know if it will be in the range of what they say girls will be in (faster than boys if I remember correctly) I haven't been in to the doctor since I was 7 weeks and it feels like its been forever!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is everyone finding out the gender of baby? I didn't with my first two, but this time I'm thinking I might.

Also does anyone know any safety precautions regarding raspberry tea? I like a good tisane every few days, but thought there might be a contraindication on raspberry leaf?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is everyone finding out the gender of baby? I didn't with my first two, but this time I'm thinking I might.

Also does anyone know any safety precautions regarding raspberry tea? I like a good tisane every few days, but thought there might be a contraindication on raspberry leaf?
For the last 3 pregnancy I have consumed at least 3 cups of rrl tea right from the start. It helped with morning sickness for me. Some people like to wait till the 2nd trimester but I don't think there are any contraindications once you hit the 2nd trimester.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Herbalist Susan Weed and Aviva Romm both say RRL is safe and beneficial throughout pregnancy. I actually hate it (especially in the infusion form Weed recommends!), but try to drink it starting by the second trimester and increasing in the third.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Thanks for the answers! I am in my 13 or 14th week (I'm too tired to keep track right now), so I guess I'm out of any possible danger zone with raspberry.

I'm starting to worry how the transition to three will go, as my older kids test the limits of my maternal patience and abilities. I'm reevaluating how good of a parent I am, compared to what I aspire to be. I thought it was supposed to get easier when your kids gEt older! :) Please tell me they are going to turn out alright despite, you know, those bad-mommy moments :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's my third too, and we're going to find out the gender this time. We have two boys and DP wants to be able to prepare if it's another one :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts