Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am finding myself obsessing over every little twinge, pain, indigestion, etc (or lack thereof) and find it so reassuring to hear from other people that they have felt similar things and it's normal (especially because this is my first pregnancy). I also realize I can't call my midwife with every little question... So, maybe we could have a thread where we can post questions about if stuff we're feeling is normal - with no question being too silly or small. And obviously, we're not the experts, but it might help to have a sounding board... help keep us a little saner

I'll start. My biggest question right now is re: various random twinges, fullness, heightened awareness(??) etc. around my uterus/groin. I had been having a lot of these - almost constant since before implantation. The past few days it's stopped for the most part. I still have some - often when I have to pee it feels especially uncomfortable, and sometimes to one side or the other I'll have a twinge of pain (when I move funny?). But it's a lot less. Does that sound normal? I had been starting to worry because I was feeling so much down there, now I'm worrying because I'm not
:

· Registered
918 Posts
Annie-the logical BTDT part of me knows that this is normal, as I'm experiencing the same things. BUT the crazed hormonal cry-during-radio-commercials part of me worries about this too!

The weirdest thing about me when I'm pregnant is that I develop a certain craving for strong smelling personal hygeine products.
This time, it's my medicated St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It smells so good, I want to eat it. I won't, of course, but ever heard of PICA? With my last pregnancy, it was my Tea Tree Oil shampoo. I actually had to stop buying it because I was afraid I was smelling it too much. I've already hidden my tea tree essential oil bottle. I don't know if it's harmful to smell during pregnancy!?

Is this normal? Am I just a total freak?

· Registered
2,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacechief
I'll start. My biggest question right now is re: various random twinges, fullness, heightened awareness(??) etc. around my uterus/groin. I had been having a lot of these - almost constant since before implantation. The past few days it's stopped for the most part. I still have some - often when I have to pee it feels especially uncomfortable, and sometimes to one side or the other I'll have a twinge of pain (when I move funny?). But it's a lot less. Does that sound normal? I had been starting to worry because I was feeling so much down there, now I'm worrying because I'm not
:
I have lots of feeling down there. The gas makes it feel like the baby is moving! Also I am having round ligament pain and cramps
:

· Registered
2,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn
It is a pain that is like a side cramp or stitch of the ligaments that are attached to the sides of your uterus. I feel it when I move suddenly, and feel it on the inside of my hip bone. But I didn't feel it this early with my first or second, but I have more of a belly this time (before baby).
: I found this on Carolynn's facts and figures thread. She explains it far better than I would!

· Registered
4,016 Posts
I am totally already getting the round ligament pain! Already. And I look 3 months, at least. I freaking have a round bump already.

My nausea has diminished a whole lot though, so my mom is of course trying to freak me out about the impending doom of miscarriage. Thanks mom.

I am having more indigestion, weird amounts of hunger (Not just very hungry, but sometimes not hungry at all) um, sleep issues, I have been travelling this weekend and not going to the bathroom well. Just not that much nausea.

Feel very much pregnant already. So everyone says "TWINS!"
:
:

No...... (Well, maybe, obviously...) Just Preg #3.

· Registered
2,831 Posts
I also have lots of pulling and twinges in the uterine area. Even though I KNOW it's perfectly normal, still I worry. Is it a cramp? Is something wrong? Etc. Hopefully these fears will lessen with each passing day! I also check the toilet paper after wiping (for blood) each time I use the bathroom. I hate being so worried but I just want this baby to be healthy so badly...

This thread is a great place to vent about these things.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Kelsi! So I've had some of that, too, I think.

Shelley - I've heard that symptoms can get better & worse & that's normal.

I've been having some weird hunger things, too, though it's calmed down some - sometimes feeling really hungry, but then start eating and feel super full right away, sometimes no real appetite - nothing sounds good.

So today (sorry if tmi), one time after I peed, there were a very few bits of thin, stringy, very lightly pink stuff. It was only the one time, and like I said, very little - haven't had any since. I'm still taking meds (vaginally) for BV, so I'm wondering if that could be it? The midwife said she thought the bv could have caused the spotting I was having earlier...

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacelovingmama
I also have lots of pulling and twinges in the uterine area. Even though I KNOW it's perfectly normal, still I worry. Is it a cramp? Is something wrong? Etc. Hopefully these fears will lessen with each passing day! I also check the toilet paper after wiping (for blood) each time I use the bathroom. I hate being so worried but I just want this baby to be healthy so badly...

This thread is a great place to vent about these things.
: I'm the exact same way. I was wishing earlier that I could just take some sort of sedative and wake up after the first trimester's over...
:
For a while I really was loving being pregnant, despite being kind of scared. But now the scared has taken over
: I'm working on getting the enjoying it part back on top... Helps so much to vent.

· Registered
2,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacechief
: I'm the exact same way. I was wishing earlier that I could just take some sort of sedative and wake up after the first trimester's over...
:
For a while I really was loving being pregnant, despite being kind of scared. But now the scared has taken over
: I'm working on getting the enjoying it part back on top... Helps so much to vent.
I am right there with you! The first stages of pregnancy can be very unnerving. I want to focus on falling in love but I have this underlying fear that something might happen... I think time is the only "cure."

· Registered
725 Posts
hi everyone,
i'm ready to take the paper bag off my head & come out from the chair. I still have lots of hesitations, but reading about that crampy thing in the lower abdomin/hip area that relates (in a good way) to the uterus, made me commit to stop lurking!
I am 10DPO. My partner & I were both concerned about that twinge, cause the size & feel of my boobs are otherwise telling us things are good! (iykwim)

Glad to come out of the woodwork! I'll wait at least another day before the formal intro on the roll call list

Everyday that goes by with 'is this normal' symptoms, the more comfortable I am. *sigh of relief*

· Registered
2,284 Posts
Me too -- how many times is that I wonder?

2 full-term pregnancies (266 days) x 10 pees a day + 2666 x 2 = 5332 times I checked for bleeding (and never found any)

+

This pregnancy so far, oh about, 200 pees and checks =

More than 5500 times I have checked for bleeding in pregnancy!!!
:

Sigh...

· Registered
2,304 Posts
This seems the place to share symptoms, though I am not going to drive myself crazy trying to decide if they are "normal". With my personality, that is never a good thing! So I am here to share and interested to hear if anyone else can comiserate.

I have read some of you are alternating between constipation and diahrea. I have not had any such issues until this weekend. I didn't have a movment on Saturday (I guess that constitutes constipation), then woke up first thing this morning, feeling fine, went straight to the bathroom to pee, then as soon as my bum hit the toilet, realized I had to do more than that. Then I OUT OF NOWHERE and with no warning, became extremely nauseous. I mean like bad food poisoning--dizzy, sweating profusely, think-you-are-going-to-die kind of nausea, during which I was having mild diahrea, but the nasuea kept me from really noticing that. The whole thing lasted about 5 minutes.

Then nothing! I felt weak and dehydrated, and was sweaty--but the nausea left as fast as it came on--exactly as long as the 'movement' lasted.

Do you guys agree this IS NOT morning sickness? Lasting less than 10 minutes and being SOO strong. So, maybe I am looking to know if I am "normal"
My mom thinks it was some kind of hormone surge or something. FYI--I have been fine the rest of the day (little weak/tired).

Thanks!

· Registered
2,284 Posts
arismomkoofie said:
Any one know how there is discharge if the cervix is closed with a mucus plug? Just a weird curious question that I have been wondering about for awhile...
[/QUOT

It's usually vaginal secretions at this point, as opposed to cervical secretions, which usually happen just around ovulation and then to make the mucous plug.

· Registered
134 Posts
hello all!
just got a bfp this morning - i am 10 days dpo. i am terribly but cautiously excited! i was very sore/sensitive in bbs last week and have had a lot of gastrointestinal craziness. thus far that is all. my projected due date is 4/28/2007!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.