Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 25 months, so it's not EC but i thought this was the place for my questions...

we live in a city and we are out and about nearly all day. Now that it's summer we spend almost all day except meals and naps) in the playground. She is showing major interest in using her potty. How can i help her maintain this interest out and about? We have no car, we're walking all day, i think carrying her little potty is going to make us both nuts very quickly. she is uncomfortable with my holding her (over a toilet, etc) to pee, and i can't always count on there being a public bathroom available to us to use.

tell me about the perfect portable product for my needs.

thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the BB is the one we have at home. i just don't see myself walking around the city for 4 or 5 hours with a 2 year old in a sling or holding my hand and a that potty slung over my shoulder in addition to the snacks, books, toys and other things we have with us on a daily basis.

that spill-proof one looks pretty good.... still kinda big, but i'm not sure i have many options! thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
When my two older children were potty learning I had to stay home for at least a week or two even though I was used to being out and about almost all day most days. This way they can stay bottom naked and be allowed to feel when they need to go and actually make it to the potty in time. My kids couldn't hold it very long at all *if any* sometimes in the beginning. I wasn't consistent with my first son when he was potty learning and I regretted it. I would be teaching him all day to potty and then the next day I had to go shopping or whatever and I put a diaper on him and leave. It took him awhile I feel because I did this in the beginning. With my dd I was consistent and stayed home for a couple weeks until she really got it and she had dry nights right away and hardly no accidents.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbeany
When my two older children were potty learning I had to stay home for at least a week or two even though I was used to being out and about almost all day most days.
that's just not a possibility for us. the torture for her would be worse than wearing diapers, which she doesn't mind at all. she'd miss her friends, she'd miss the playground, the pool, the waterpark - it's not something we can do.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Since quite small, my dd has been able to sit by herself on the public toilet, as long as I set her bottom on the back of the seat, so that her legs stick straight out over the toilet. For a short time before that, we used a portable seat reducer -- like this http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp...oductID=150774 (Actually ours was not nearly this cool, but I covet this one. :LOL) I hear you on the lack of public restrooms. I have had my 3yo squat in the bushes.
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.