Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last hour I've been reading all the posts about the controversy of the Baby Talk cover. It's making my head swim. I think my darling, darling step-son should be the new spokesperson for Breastfeeding. This is why.

We were at my mother's home where I breastfeed anywhere I need to within her 4 walls. My brother always acts shocked when he walks up on me and realizes what I'm doing. "Oh jeez, you need to warn somebody when you have that thing out!" yaya...good for a quick laugh from everyone. Well...his son walked up on me one day and slapped his hands over his eyes and started to run away when my step son said....

"Austin, don't you know that is how babies are supposed to be fed? There's nothing wrong with that. It's not gross"

Simple, to the point. If only everyone thought like a child sometimes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I Love it!!!!!

My niece just last weekend came up to me(and my sis, who did not BF and niece knows this) last weekend while I was feeding my ds and said

"When I get older, I am going to use my boobies to feed my baby!" Her tone was very, *better than you*.

She also says her *future husband's* boat and garage will be bigger than her daddy's.

My sis says, "oh great!" and I say, "good, it will be the best for your baby"

She says, "Only the best!"

BTW....she is 6 going on 30.

·
Registered
113 Posts
lOl that sounds like my kiddos too. My DD informed the neighbor kid if you use formula your baby will get sick. For reals she says. She then said I am never using a bottle on my baby ever. I think they were playing dolls at the time. She is 6 too. She gets so serious about it.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by velcromom
That's so sweet and pure.

Now, stop reading those posts. They will only raise your blood pressure and cause you to take a dim view of the intelligence of the general public.

ITA

I hate blind judgement (that's not to say I don't judge people, but that I try only to do it if I can make a change or use my knowledge to help others) but when ignorance comes in such great masses, i feel like just sitting back and shaking my head, because it doesn't seem to matter how much logic is on my side, there's always an ignorant comeback. And ignorance is the most offensive thing to me. I can forgive so much, but when someone CHOOSES ignorance, it really grinds my nerves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts