Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
LOL, Raver, I'm currently making our list, lol. We have dd's b-day on the 29th of November, than St. Nicholas Day on Dec. 6, then Christmas on the 25th adn then ds b-day at the end of February. I need a list or it's going to be VERY expensive!

Doularn, thanks for starting the thread!

For those who go to the chiro regularly, how often do you go? My back is messed up (again)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm such a dork...couldn't figure out where everyone was today. Oh yeah, it's October.

I've been making Christmas lists for the last couple of weeks. We're trying to keep it a little more low-key this year. More handmade things...thus the lists. I've got to get started soon or nothing will get done.

Totally different subject - give me advice about going to the Balloon Fiesta. We moved at the end of Oct last year and missed it. When's the best time to go etc.??

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
We like to go right away, opening weekend. You never know about weather so if we go first thing we have other days in case we miss it. It will take about 45 minutes to an hour to get from your house to the park with all the traffic. Lift-off is around 7 I think, we normally quite make it, but balloons keep assending for about 1-2 hours after that.

Christmas, um no not yet, I need to get through October first.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
You know I've never been to Balloon Fiesta, lol. Maybe when the kids are older. No way am I taking an infant (I value any sleep he'll let me have!)

Oh and ASF posted on the September thread that everyone should go to the private board so we can discuss playgroup

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here you all are! I was with CO Mommy over in september wondering where everyone was.
If I wasn't scatterbrained enough already, having a baby has made it 10 times worse!

My parents arrive tomorrow morning and are staying for week. Its probably a good thing they come every couple months - it makes me get up off my butt and really clean my house good. It makes for a crazy few days before they get here though. I am so looking forward to two extra sets of loving hands to pass the baby around to! Not that I don't adore dd, but well...you know.

Anyway, I won't make it to pg this week. Hopefully, depending on what day it is next week, I'll see you guys at the next one!

Yvonne - if you're still checking this thread and wondering about the childcare thing in ABQ - I was a nanny for 5 years, 1 and a half of them here in ABQ. The nanny agency here closed recently. If you want any more info on that subject feel free to pm me and I'd be glad to help you if I can.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
So you people must link when you start a new thread. I dont know what month it is.
:

Peacelove - wre you with prof nannies? And they closed?

The private board is where we can safely give directions to our houses etc.

I am fine with los ranchos or explora or whatever for tomarrow.

xmas - bleh! I cannot even think about it yet.

balloon fiasco we go only because we get vip passes from dhs friend. Otherwise i am crabby and jaded and have been going (used to fly my stepmom had a balloon) since i was little.
DD loves it though. We always try to go on special shapes day since that is what dd likes best.
Dress in layers because it is very cold at first and then as the sun comes up it can quickly get hot so you want to strip down a bit.
We usually have breakfast burritos and hot chocolate to warm up too.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peacelove View Post
asf - yeah, I was with prof nannies. They closed near the beginning of this year. I haven't heard of any other agencies opening up to fill the void.

That sucks
I loved when i worked as a nanny for them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Re: the cow...I was the one talking about it. You can find info on different ranches on eatwild.com Once we start getting a steady income, I'm definitely interested in it. It's just a big cost up front and I'd have to get a freezer.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
As odd as it sounds coming from me, I'd love part of a cow.

I can't believe some of you don't do balloon fiesta, watching them from the yard is amazing but going is something totally different. Maybe it's the eastcoaster in me but I love it. Now other "traditional" NM things I can do without.......

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I've talked to Ranney Ranch via e-mail and they seem nice (and use no soy in their animals.) I think we've missed their fall ordering though. Here's their web-site: www.ranneyranch.com I just started learning that kids can react through the soy the cows are fed, which is why I like them.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I am so screwed. Simon just figured out how to open up the locked cabnet that holds dh's XBox! Sarah didn't figure that out until she was closer to 2! He's also perfected the standing-up-next-to-something-but-not-holding-on move. He's only 7 months old! ARGH!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have fun with you family peacelove!! That's too bad about Prof. Nannies- I had a couple of great gigs through them!

Balloon Fiesta- We also go for the special shapes...

X-mas- Yes! I've got a list going, but what I really ned to get a move on is cards. I like to make them, but that's what gets me every year

Wish we could make pg, We've got tentative plans, but maybe we can swing by?

Is there an abbreviation for left-handed hunting and pecking nursing at keyboard

1 - 20 of 332 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.