Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

I am FLOORED by what my lazy Saturday procrastinatory musings just unearthed. FLOORED. I was pondering my "unusually heavy" AF I'm having after removal of my cyst two weeks ago. (For those of you that don't know, I had a 4-5cm endometroid cyst on my left ovary.) I was thinking about how my period USED to be pretty heavy for about 5 days, probably just like this! In fact, I thought to myself, I wonder when my last "normal" period was? Was it pre or post m/c? So I looked through my old FF charts and I saw that October 2008 was my last "normal," heavy period. This was, as I recall, following a false positive on an (admittedly expired) FRER. In fact, I remembered joining MDC the next month because of a weird period. Here's what I found. I started bawling. This is me, in Nov of 2008:

Quote:
My bleeding has totally stopped after 2 1/2 days of lighter bleeding than usual. I called my doctor and they will see me next Friday.....totally not soon enough! I just hope there isn't some underlying issue.

The next month I got pregnant and lost it. The next month I got pregnant....and lost it. Since then no period has been normal. It seems pretty clear to me that the above post marks the start of this cyst, this evil cyst, that caused me so much pain and heartbreak.
And it took a YEAR to find it. I'm just so glad it's gone, and I so hope beyond hope that everything is ok in there now. Please, pregnancy fairies, please let everything be ok in there now.

· Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I am FLOORED by what my lazy Saturday procrastinatory musings just unearthed. FLOORED. I was pondering my "unusually heavy" AF I'm having after removal of my cyst two weeks ago. (For those of you that don't know, I had a 4-5cm endometroid cyst on my left ovary.) I was thinking about how my period USED to be pretty heavy for about 5 days, probably just like this! In fact, I thought to myself, I wonder when my last "normal" period was? Was it pre or post m/c? So I looked through my old FF charts and I saw that October 2008 was my last "normal," heavy period. This was, as I recall, following a false positive on an (admittedly expired) FRER. In fact, I remembered joining MDC the next month because of a weird period. Here's what I found. I started bawling. This is me, in Nov of 2008:

The next month I got pregnant and lost it. The next month I got pregnant....and lost it. Since then no period has been normal. It seems pretty clear to me that the above post marks the start of this cyst, this evil cyst, that caused me so much pain and heartbreak.
And it took a YEAR to find it. I'm just so glad it's gone, and I so hope beyond hope that everything is ok in there now. Please, pregnancy fairies, please let everything be ok in there now.

I'm so glad you got answers. I'm also glad we're moving on to our next cycle, starting with a CD 3 ultrasound. I've had one before with no visible cysts, but that was years ago.

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Tear this is just what I did. One morning when I woke up I was thinking "wait a minute...I think I got pregnant on that long weird cycle that was stopping and starting with the 10 damn + OPKs and EWCM." Then I looked back, (I hadn't been charting, but I had been keeping track on a calendar thingie) and it had happened both times for both mc's! Doh! Whatever the hell's going on I ain't taking any chances this time.
I did need some new things to obsess over...

Anyway I swear I've gotten to where I've heard it all on the regular TTC boards after a year and a half. Ahhh I was so young back then!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.