Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this?

I've been at work the last 8 hours. On and off I'd notice a sharp pain in my left ovary. I know for sure it's the ovary, a

nd I mention work because it could have hurt or been sore in between but I was busy enough to not notice.

I haven't had a period yet, I'm 13 months pp. Could it be my period coming? Or something else.

When I press in it, it is very sore to the touch.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
sharp pains, hurts to press, only one side....

sounds like symptoms of an ovarian cyst. Perhaps your first cycle began this past month and extra wacko hormones from it perhaps being your first cycle returning has something to do with the internal mix up. I don't imagine it is as old as last month as I THINK you would have had a period following. If it were a cyst, chances are, it will dissappear within a cycle and mosy likely during the hormonal serge that happens when you ovulate again. If pain persists or worsens through another week or two I'd hop in to the doc.

Cysts usually aren't much of a danger. Every now and then they have to be removed if they get too large and don't go away on their own to prevent them from causing tubes to twist or putting pressure on other internal structures. Very rarely they can be blood filled and in which case would require a simple surgical removal. In the 2 years TTC dd I was plaigued with cysts that felt very much like what you described. Some were so painful I couldn't lift, bend fully over, or sit comfortably. One that was ultrasounded was measured to be the size of a grapefruit. That one hurt A LOT and actually caused a slight bulge that was visable on one side of my lower abdomen. Many cysts I could feel if I pressed directly over them.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Could you be ovulating? I get ovulation pain (mittleschmertz) every single month and it's just as you describe. It's been worse since I've had children, often lasting 48 hours.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Could you be ovulating? I get ovulation pain (mittleschmertz) every single month and it's just as you describe. It's been worse since I've had children, often lasting 48 hours.
Yep, same here.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure what it was but the pain is gone. J thought maybe I was going to get my period but nothing yet.

Now I've been nausueas and really tired and a bit dizzy. Wierd - but probably unrelated

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts