Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
I'm new to the forum, as a regular. If you've seen any of my other recent posts you'll know I've been suffering PPD and on some serious meds that I was advised not to pass on to my kiddo. But, now that he's almost 6mo old, I've got the green light to start. I had started pumping because he was in the NICU when he was born, and didn't have any supply issues to start with. But, then I was hospitalized with PP psychosis and it was pretty much down hill from there. I had some short bouts with breastfeeding, Joe was nearly there, we used an SNS and everyone had pruny fingers, and he was starting to go to the breast, and I was hospitalized again with PP psychosis. My doc and family thought that I was obsessed (probably an accurate assessment) with breastfeeding and advised that I stop pumping and let my supply dry up. Well, I didn't get the message and I kept pumping, and dumping. After 3 months on the meds, I was starting to get discouraged, but I kept excreting by hand, even though it was just drips. I just started pumping again, and it's very slow going. But, I am seeing an incrase in the supply and I am giving what I'm getting to my baby. If I can get my supply up, I'll try to transition the baby to the breast. I have a very helpful and passionate lactation consultant, so I'm well supported there. My family and doc do support me, now. I still have PPD, which makes it difficult sometimes, but I'm seeing results.<br><br>
I'd like to hear your stories about keeping things going in the face of problems, it would help me to hear your stories when I get down and don't think i can continue.<br><br>
bless you all,<br><br>
Lori

1 - 2 of 2 Posts