Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to start a new thread, I am just to exhausted to go digging

I always knew it was hard for mamas to go past date even though a edd is just an approximation but OMGoodness- it's TORTURE!

DD was born with hardly any warning at 39 weeks. Midwives kept telling me to expect to be 10 days late so I was SHOCKED to find myself in the midst of a fast and furious labor "early"...

This time everything seems to be hitting me so hard because my LMP edd was 28 August and when I went in for my ultrasound to date the pregnancy I never ever believed I would actually make it to October much less PAST the EDD the ultrasound suggested. I prepared for UC because I though my midwife would not attend me until mid-September and here I am heading toward mid-October with not a sign of impending labor in sight!

Last appointment my midwives just looked at me with empathy. They told me to go ahead and go home and cry or eat ice cream or whatever I need to do to feel better... I told them all along I just *KNEW* my dates were wrong. Do I ever feel like I'm being taught a lesson in patience.

I know my emotions are a little out of whack, and all these feeling will just melt away when my baby reveals him/herself to us but how on EARTH do I keep it together in the meantime. The ice cream helped just a little bit, and crying helps until my nose gets stuffy and I can no longer breathe... I've lost my motivation to read/clean/cook/crochet. I walk at least 20 minutes every day and often quite a bit more. I've been through 6 tubes of homeopathic cohosh and given up. I drink a quart of RRL tea a day and have all throughout this pregnancy... I'm almost temped to move on to the herbal or tincture cohosh although I know this baby will come when he/she is ready.

I'm sorry to rant. I had to let some of this go. I can't bear my phone anymore and every time DP or I call ANYONE the first thing out of their mouth is "have you had the baby yet?" NO NO NO, Can I not call you to talk, or to see how you are?

I'm sure there are other mamas here who can relate to having their first LOs 'early' and then waiting foooooreeeeeeever on the second. A big fat
for anyone who has ever or is in this position.

This baby has GOT to be a boy... taking his darn time...

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
8,900 Posts

Come out, little baby!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior View Post
Sorry to start a new thread, I am just to exhausted to go digging

I always knew it was hard for mamas to go past date even though a edd is just an approximation but OMGoodness- it's TORTURE!

DD was born with hardly any warning at 39 weeks. Midwives kept telling me to expect to be 10 days late so I was SHOCKED to find myself in the midst of a fast and furious labor "early"...

This time everything seems to be hitting me so hard because my LMP edd was 28 August and when I went in for my ultrasound to date the pregnancy I never ever believed I would actually make it to October much less PAST the EDD the ultrasound suggested. I prepared for UC because I though my midwife would not attend me until mid-September and here I am heading toward mid-October with not a sign of impending labor in sight!

Last appointment my midwives just looked at me with empathy. They told me to go ahead and go home and cry or eat ice cream or whatever I need to do to feel better... I told them all along I just *KNEW* my dates were wrong. Do I ever feel like I'm being taught a lesson in patience.

I know my emotions are a little out of whack, and all these feeling will just melt away when my baby reveals him/herself to us but how on EARTH do I keep it together in the meantime. The ice cream helped just a little bit, and crying helps until my nose gets stuffy and I can no longer breathe... I've lost my motivation to read/clean/cook/crochet. I walk at least 20 minutes every day and often quite a bit more. I've been through 6 tubes of homeopathic cohosh and given up. I drink a quart of RRL tea a day and have all throughout this pregnancy... I'm almost temped to move on to the herbal or tincture cohosh although I know this baby will come when he/she is ready.

I'm sorry to rant. I had to let some of this go. I can't bear my phone anymore and every time DP or I call ANYONE the first thing out of their mouth is "have you had the baby yet?" NO NO NO, Can I not call you to talk, or to see how you are?

I'm sure there are other mamas here who can relate to having their first LOs 'early' and then waiting foooooreeeeeeever on the second. A big fat
for anyone who has ever or is in this position.

This baby has GOT to be a boy... taking his darn time...

Thanks for reading

s to you! Reading your post made me feel like I was reading my own story. I will be 42 weeks according to my sonogram edd on Sunday, but like you my LMP EDD was August 28th!!! I was so sure that I was going to go in August regardless of the sonogram edd because I just had a "feeling." Sure enough, here I am over a month later and STILL PREGNANT! Hang in there! We are trying everything too: caulophyllum, black cohosh, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, sex, nipple stimulation- ALL OF IT!! I'm starting to get anxious because we have planned a homebirth but the longer I go the more of a chance there is that we will have to be induced at a hospital! Not my dream birth.
:

Today, we went in for a non stress test so hopefully that will give us the few extra days we need to start this birth naturally...

Anyway I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one and I am sendin lots of labor and lovin vibes to ya!

Hopefully we'll be holding our babes very soon!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Okay I'm not officially overdue til Sunday -- but I'm not feeling like ANYTHING is happening -- but I have to say, the primips (first time moms) in our ddc are killing me! They're all going early! Primips are supposed to go LATE! Where is the justice in this world?!?!?!

My mini-rant: omg, I'm an emotional FREAK. My dh asked me a yes/no question and I seriously went off on him for an HOUR.
:

ETA: I also got mad at Oprah today, because her book pick is something I read in college and it was really dense and I hated it, so I don't know why she can't just choose something good and fun to read!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s and
to you Earth Mama!

Wow, I'm so glad not the be the only one in this boat! Were you nursing when you conceived is that why your dates were off? That was the case with me...

Anyhow... here's to hoping we'll both be holding out LOs soon!

Yuma- I hear you, about the FTM and early births, but you know what *I* was one of those moms last time
:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Okay I'm not officially overdue til Sunday -- but I'm not feeling like ANYTHING is happening -- but I have to say, the primips (first time moms) in our ddc are killing me! They're all going early! Primips are supposed to go LATE! Where is the justice in this world?!?!?!

hahahaha! That's how I feel ~ it's not fair ~ I paid my dues with my first baby going 12 days past my EDD and it should have been my turn to have an on-time baby...
I already "changed" my EDD once from the 1st (by u/s) to the 5th (by O), but even that date has passed...now I officially feel late and it's no fun
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.