Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm expecting ds in January and have been thinking through warm pajama options to get him through his first winter.. with dd we used fleece sleep sacks, but now I'm thinking we don't want fleece because of the flame resistant chemicals, so I've started considering wool.  And wool would be nice because it could take the place of our BSWW covers for easier night-time changes.  But we use prefolds exclusively, and I'm worried about blowouts making the wool more trouble at night than the BSWW's.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So here are my questions:</p>
<p>1) If we were going to jump in and do wool longies over prefolds, how many would we need for just overnight, given that we'll probably have blowouts?</p>
<p>2) I'm not really interested in adding fitteds to our stash, but if I went that route, how many fitteds would you recommend just for overnight?  What fitteds do you like for overnight?</p>
<p>3) If we just end up using PF's under BSWW's, would it still make sense to get wool longies instead of a wool sleep sack, so that we could try out wool as an actual diaper cover as ds gets older?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We don't have a huge budget... we honestly have enough diapers and are only lacking good pajama options.  Maybe we shouldn't be expanding our diaper stash for this?  What do you think?</p>

·
Registered
631 Posts
<p>If you are just using them for night time then I would recommend 4. One to wear, one dirty and waiting to be washed, one drying and one spare. I love wool, I cant recommend it highly enough. My next baby is going to be in only organics with wool covers as much as possible. I dont like the clamminess of PUL and polyester fabrics. :)</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts