Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a business license back in February but haven't really sold anything yet. (Found out I was pregnant about a week after getting the license
and have been pretty much sleeping away all the time I had assigned to work) Now I have stuff stacked all over and need to start selling. I'd like to set up a website with a shopping cart (I know I never buy from the ones where I have to call or email) but it's completely overwhelming. If i do searches on web hosting, ecommerce or shopping carts I get hundreds of entries back - all with different service and prices. I haven't made any money yet and I'm out all the money for supplies so I don't want it to be very expensive - some of these are outrageous! I can't even figure out where to start. I'm going to be a very small company (me) that might make some occassional money. (Well, hopefully lots, but you know . . .)

What does a basic small business need? Good webhosting recommendations? Good shopping cart recommendations? Basic "what in the world have I gotten myself into" help? Where do I begin? Any tips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had checked out the two stickies with webhosts and shopping carts but even that is crazy if you don't know what your doing. "I use A for this, B for that, and love C for something else!" Yikes!

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into wahmshoppes.

Boobiemama, I don't think I can post here (just went and reread the self-promotion rules) so I'll PM you.

Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.