Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible? I'm sure it is but I would be awfully surprised if that is the case for me!

I'm 5 weeks pp as of yesterday. My bleeding stopped about 2 weeks ago. It has been about 12 days since I've had any bleeding and the last 2 days of that were very, very light (barely noticeable) spotting. Yesterday I started having very thick, stringy EW cervical mucous. I have only ever had that along with ovulation. Can hormonal changes and BF'ing cause it as well?

I'm BF'ing exclusively on demand. DS eats about every hour or 1.5 hours when he is awake and every 2 hours at night, with one 3-4 hour sleep block at the beginning of every night (usually from 9-12 or 1). During the day he sometimes has a 3 -4 hour stretch but it is rare.

Just wondering...

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply! I think I should have made my post clearer, though. I haven't had any more bleeding. The bleeding stopped and about 14 days later I had EWCM (which I have only ever had during ovulation), a sudden increase in my sex drive and abdominal twinges that I usually get when I ovulate.

Short version:

1/3 - DS2 born
1/23 - Bleeding stopped
2/6 (which is 14 days after the 23rd) - EWCM and other O symptoms

· Premium Member
15,163 Posts
I have ovulated at 5wks pp. My latest was at 8wks pp. So, totally possible.

· Registered
873 Posts
Totally possible! My babies EBF around the clock and I always ovulate pretty soon after birth. I seem to ovulate once or twice, before my body remembers it needs a rest and then I am irregular for a few months before finding my groove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.