Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had pain around my right ovary since CD 10 - I'm only on my third cycle post-BCP, but the previous two had me ovulating at cd19. I'm now CD 23. Sometimes it's a slight cramping, a few times it's been enough to make me gasp.

How long can ovulation pain last for, anyway? I'm pretty certain that I haven't ovulated this month - I think I was gearing up for it, but I've been working on a friend's wedding + DH's birthday + stressed about both. (ETA- chart is in my sig, my temps dipped, but only went back to follicular levels. And yes, I have a ton of open circles, mostly from late temping - it doesn't seem to raise my temp much.)

Any of you wonderfully knowledgeable ladies have a guess as to what the pain is about? I'm thinking cyst at this point - though sometimes I get worried that it's an ectopic pregnancy (see the BFN AFTER AF was over? I'm guessing that makes an ectopic pregnancy pretty darned unlikely)

I also have IBS issues - my first two months off the pill, they were virtually non-existent, but I've been eating most of the food I'm allergic to so I wouldn't be surprised if my digestive system wasn't a bit unhappy by now. But the pain is pretty steadily around where I think my right ovary is..

The biggest issue is that pain does not make for happy baby-making activities!

· Registered
7 Posts
Ive wondered the same thing myself, it can be hard to decipher which pain is what!

Mittelschmerz/O pain is tyically short lasting (2-3 hours). However, for me i tend to get cramps the 2-3 days before ovulation as my body is gearing up for it.

I also have IBS but that is more crampy all over rather than side specific pain.

Pain from bursting/popping cysts is common too. My gyn told me that if i was experiencing the same feeling at multiple times in my cycle then it is popping pains rather that O pain.

Sorry if that isnt any help! Do you take OPK? If you dont want to chart, then i definately think taking the ovulation tests are the most reassuring thing. I get 20 for $5 online, so that lasts for upto 2 months. You are fertile for 48 hours after your first positive test, so it gives a nice warning rather than hoping you will ovulate on a certain day and then stressing incase you miss it. My first few cycles off BC were regular, then they suddenly went haywire on me *thanks pcos*, so its nice to get that warning.

Good luck, i hope you get your BFP soon

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
altruisticangel - I knew I was missing something! I do chart - clicking on the little chart symbol in my sig will take you there! My temps went down (as if for an ovulation dip) but only went back up to follicular levels - despite taking them late a lot (it doesn't seem to change my temp much.. I *try* to take them around 6-7am, but sometimes it doesn't happen..).

I even have a few OPKs on there.. not as many as I should, because I haven't been home much. And they were both snow white... I should have used another one today, but I forgot. A positive would have been super frustrating - DH is out of town until Friday, and last night we were both too tired
I might take one when I get home from dance in a few hours..

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey,
From your chart it doesnt look like you have O'd yet, it just looks like normal bbt variation.

I def advise taking opks so you know when you are going to O. I can empathise with DH being out of town during 'o week' though - mine will be away from cd 11 till the start of next cycle
Ive noticed with my OPK they can go from snow white to full on positive within about 16 hours, so i panic if i miss one lol. Remember even if you get a positive now, you will be fertile for 2-3 days so you are still in with a shot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.