Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Any oxygen cleaner is basically made of sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate. Some oxygen cleaners have a little bit of detergent, but because people who tend to use oxygen cleaners are trying to avoid bleach, the oxygen cleaner companies try to make the product as environmentally friendly as possible. Basically sodium percarbonate turns into hydrogen bubbles when in contact with stains and water. This free hydrogen molecule that is release is unstable, so it blasts whatever is in its way - thus cleaning it.

Oxygen cleaners are a good way to go. Just keep it out of reach of children and pets because it's harmful/fatal if ingested. Otherwise, it's environmentally friendly. Your child can crawl through a floor that was mopped by an oxygen cleaner and would not get any ill effects because the chemical reaction was already made. It's the powdered form (unreacted) that can be a problem.

Wear gloves when using.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.