Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD has been using a pacifier since birth practically, but we've noticed just over the last 3-4 weeks she's begun to have a rash on her chin. Is this from teething, the pacifier, new foods, or what? Anyone experience this? Any good hints on beating it?

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'd bet on it being a teething rash, especially if she's drooling a little bit extra. We beat DS's droolrash by smearing a dab of vaseline on the particularly wet spots and by wiping off his chin hundreds of times a day. (Drool is slightly acidic, so the vaseline acted as a bit of a barrier until it was wiped off.)

·
Registered
456 Posts
My baby gets a chin rash when something irritates it... like clothing that has a ruffle and brushes up against her wet, drool soaked chin. It will then just get worse with regular things hitting her chin... I use lanolin on it and it goes away within a day or so.

Also, check your pacifier regularly for mold. With ours it got a little moldy around the connection point of the sucker and holder... even with regular boiling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.