Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>anyone want to share? our due date is dec 1st, and we had a prodomal/BH scare all last weekend, so we've been in overdrive to get ready. (while i also try to do a lot of laying down and directing and drinking water.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>we're doing midwife/hospital birth and have a 2.5 yr old and no local family, so we're also trying to prepare for different childcare contingency plans. fun times! :eek:)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what are you bringing?? here's what we're currently gathering:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>----------------</p>
<p>snacks: natural applesauce, crackers, peanut butter, milk frozen in juice boxes, laboraide drink we'll try and make during early labor at home (<a href="http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/laborade.html" target="_blank">http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/laborade.html</a>)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>old socks, nursing-friendly nightgowns, sarongs for rebozo sifting, long tee.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>going-home clothes for the baby. heavy outdoor gown/outerwear sack or blanket in case it's cold.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>getting the baby bucket base into the car.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>funny movies on DVD for distraction/relaxation/laughter therapy</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS's favorite books and guaranteed stay-put toy, movies for him to watch, a new and exciting toy as a birthday gift from the baby.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>toiletries, hair bands, bandana, lip balm, oil for massage.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
<p>Going-home clothes for mom - something you wore in your first trimester or something loose and comfy</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Socks or slippers with non-slip soles in case the hospital or birth center has hardwood floors. After giving birth I was not terribly coordinated and the slippery floors didn't help!</p>

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
<p>I swear, I can't remember what I took last time!  or the time before of course, lol  I know with DS we didn't even bring our stuff in, he was out within 15 minutes of walking in l&d.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This time I have: (so far)</p>
<p>socks</p>
<p>flip-flops</p>
<p>toiletries (face wash and lotion, toothbrush, mini toothpaste, my own pads, my own soap.  my skin doesn't like MANY soaps and lotions)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>coming home clothes for Abbott.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not much so far!  I hate to pack anything I wear now, and we are pretty light on clothes after a major declutter, so I don't have a lot to pick from...  hmmm.  Last labor was so fast and furious, though, I'm afraid I won't be able to run around packing last minute items.</p>

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
<p>What I have packed so far:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>labor snacks and snacks for dh (peanut butter crackers, coconut water, suckers, protein bars)</p>
<p>an activity bag for dd with snacks (applesauce, crackers)</p>
<p>nursing tanks and comfy pants for me</p>
<p>an outfit to go home in for me and bean</p>
<p>a few cloth diapers</p>
<p>slippers and comfy socks</p>
<p>toiletries (including homeopathics for me and aromatherapy oil)</p>
<p>birth plan</p>
<p>camera charger and video camera</p>
<p>hypnobabies cds</p>
<p> </p>
<p>will need to add before I leave:</p>
<p>camera</p>
<p>ipod and ipod speaker/dock</p>

·
Registered
292 Posts
<p>I've been working on that too - one thing about preterm labor, it makes you pack the bag early!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a list around here somewhere, guess I'd better get on that!</p>

·
Registered
591 Posts
<p>Baby's diapers are in the dryer and our clothes are in the washer as I type!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I've noticed I'm still missing:</p>
<p>travel toothbrush</p>
<p>travel mouthwash</p>
<p>soft headbands (I have hair ties packed, but they tend to fall out of my thin hair)</p>
<p>disposable razor (I don't care about my legs, but I hate underarm stubble!)</p>
<p>something to wear in labor - I've always used the hospital gowns and/or gone nekkid, but I want to pick something to bring in case I change my mind. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to make sure my camera battery is charged, and I have to put my camera card back in!</p>
<p>I also need to pack a bag for the kids.  I don't want to be running around, trying to find them all clean socks at the last minute!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm hoping to get all of that done today or tomorrow so I can start focusing on food to bring. :-D</p>

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
<p>Workin' on it! So far the baby's stuff is in the suitcase, along with breast pads, nursing bra...I have to pack snacks for DD and I had a moment of panic last night thinking about all the stuff I have to think about and DH was so sweet, he was like "you just worry about the baby, I will take care of everything else" I guess I am panicking about having everything ready to go, but the reality is that early labour is a fine time to collect up the things I have forgotten...right???</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts