Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's great! We still have 3 payments of $400 left before we're done, and we need to order our birth kit in about three weeks. It's a lot of money to pay out each month, but it doesn't even bother me. I feel better giving this money to my midwife than I would getting all the hospital bills after the birth. Especially since the experience will be amazing! What a good feeling to know your birth is paid in full, though.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebb View Post
I feel better giving this money to my midwife than I would getting all the hospital bills after the birth. Especially since the experience will be amazing!
TOTALLY!!!

I felt so happy giving her the check yesterday! I need to order my birth kit and get some more stuff together - but only 2 more months and my babe will be here!!!
:

·
Registered
477 Posts
We paid our midwife weeks ago because she has a discount if you pay by a certain time (28 weeks I think?), but I still feel happy whenever I realize that she's paid, and even though we had to pay out of pocket, she's cheaper than a hospital birth with our insurance's deductible. That wasn't the driving force for us to hire her, of course, but it still feels good. It's exciting to just be able to focus on the next few weeks before our little one arrives (eek!).
:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
congrats!! that is such a lovely feeling.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Mine will be paid in full whenever she finally deposits the check. It's so great to have that over with, everything including dept payment had to go on hold while we took care of that. Of course, better to have a set amount taken care of ahead of time rather than various unknown charges coming in after a hospital birth. All our birth supplies are purchased already too except my supplements and a few disposable diapers. Almost ready now!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
How exciting! Are you ladies all paying privately? Does your insurance not cover some? With my previous midwife experiences I always just paid whatever was left after insurance covered it. This time my insurance will only cover labs and ultrasounds so I'm guessing we will be making payments prior to the birth.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
How exciting! Are you ladies all paying privately? Does your insurance not cover some? With my previous midwife experiences I always just paid whatever was left after insurance covered it. This time my insurance will only cover labs and ultrasounds so I'm guessing we will be making payments prior to the birth.
My midwife will submit claim paperwork after the birth for us. Here in GA, it's still pretty much illegal so it's kind of a delicate issue. She usually does some creative billing since a good portion of our payments cover prenatal care. I won't get the full in-network benefit, but hopefully Aetna will refund part of the $2500 fee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.