Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to still have vaginal pain six months after delivering? I feel like the front wall of my vagina is still bruised and displaced, and it feels like my bladder is pressing on it all the time, and I have to pee as if I were still preggo. Standing up and walking are always painful,which makes taking care of my baby and myself sometimes difficult. Exercise is also hard (I should swim).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I made an appointment with my midwife and we will see if she can help me or refer me to an OB/gyn if needed. I was hoping it wasn't normal really, because that means maybe it can be fixed (maybe?). All the women in my family have ended up needing hysterectomies after their children, so I am afraid that may be what happens to me, but am hopeful maybe something else can help.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
ask your midwife or ob/gyn for a referral to a physical therapist specializing in pelvic floor rehabilitation. these PTs are amazing in their knowledge of what is normal and what is not quite normal for the pelvic region of the body, and they will have many options for how to treat it that are not necesarrily surgical. you can do a search of mdc's health and healing forum for the words "pelvic floor physical therapy" and look for posts from member tinyshoes who had much success correcting her pelvic floor issues with this physical therapy.

~claudia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.