Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have had 2 new things happen this week that never happened with pg #1. and i will be contacting my midwife this weekend but wanted to find out if anyone has experienced this...

#1: numbness on the side of my right thigh. and not up where it meets the hip. i have that before when i sleep too long on one side. this is about mid thigh and it is accompanied by a burning pain.

#2: yesterday i was sitting on the couch and all i did was bend my knee back and it felt like i pinched a nerve where my left leg joins the hip bone. it was so painful to stand up. i walked around for a minute then tried to do a squat to see if i could stretch it out (not knowing what i had done) and i got stuck! dh had to help me up. it has gotten better as i walk around but it still hurts.

anyway, has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
425 Posts
OK, the first one sounds like what I have - sciatica. I have a patch on my outer right thigh that is about 6" or so in diameter that is numb. It was worse with my first pregnancy, this time it's not as bad. I went completely away when I had my DD.

The second almost sounds like you either did pinch the nerve or the elastin is just really stretching out your ligaments! My hips yesterday really hurt me. We hiked on Saturday and I'm thinking the uphills just really irritated my hips. I massaged my hips last night, and they are better today. I would try to get up from the couch and would take forever to stand and then hobbled around yesterday!

Hopefully you are at the end of your pregnancy. I think these things just settle in once the baby gets bigger and our bodies start to protest!

and feel better.

Michelle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.