Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
For the last week or so, I've been experiencing occasional sharp, stabbing pains at the very top of my uterus. It often starts late in the afternoon and bothers me until I go to bed. It goes away at night and stays away until late the next afternoon. It mostly happens whenever I move around, and especially when I bend over. I've taken to keeping my back ramrod straight and squatting whenever I would otherwise bend. However, putting pressure on the top of my uterus when I bend over does help.<br><br>
I asked my midwife about it today. She thinks it's the baby putting pressure on the top of my uterus. I suppose that might be what's going on, but my gut tells me that's not it. Could it be round ligament pain? Are there round ligaments at the top of my uterus, and does RLP feel like stabbing pain? Is it something else?<br><br>
Has anybody else experienced this problem? What causes it? Is there anything I can do to prevent or alleviate it?<br><br>
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Registered
I think I get something similiar and have actually had it since about 30 wks. It's almost like the top of my uterus can be as tight as a drum? I haven't been able to find much to decrease it, soemtimes changing position helps...but I have now come to realize I hate hate hate the end of pregnancy!!!

Registered
I was having something like that last night along with some awful BH contractions. It felt like baby had a knife and was trying to cut me open from the inside and crawl out the top. Or maybe she just has sharp toenails? But I'm thinking it was just that she was putting pressure there or the BH contractions were causing some skin stretching or uterus stretching right there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts