Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 6 weeks pg. I have been having really bad nausea, exhaustion, and cramps.<br><br>
Yesterday whilst grocery shopping, I got a really bad sharp pain in my lower right side above my hip and a little to the middle. It radiated downwards and I couldn't even walk. I felt horrid, so sat down while dh finished the shopping. Then it happened again last night at 2am. It lasted for a couple of minutes, I went pee and it didn't help.<br><br>
I am really worried about this being ectopic related or appendicitis. My doc won't see me for 2 more weeks (I tried). Is there something I can do? Or should I go to the urgent care center?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mama, do some research on appendicitis and see if you match that. That would be an emergency to take care of!<br><br>
I am going through this exact thing right now- excruciating, take-my-breath-away pain in the right side, exactly where you said yours is. After three days of this on and off, I called my dr. yesterday and after deciding it wasn't digestive issues based on my responses, he ordered an ultrasound that I'm supposed to get today. However, after sitting with the pain for about 18 hours from yesterday to this morning, I realized it IS digestive issues bc after an extraordinary sharp pain that woke me up this am, I passed gas and it immediately went away. My advice to you is (if it's not an emergency- like if it's on and off, it's like not an em.) to follow the course of your pain- does it travel from the right side (to the left, although you may not feel it move through the left;your bowels move from right to left, and then down), does it come and go, after you get all the gas out, is it gone? The nurse suggested a warm bath tummy down and move from side to side, and also suggested to drink warm beverages.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
If it was your appendix, it would most likely start out like the tummy flu with pain all over the stomach and then it would begin to move and localize to your right side. It's usually a quick progression too - you know, not taking days. But I suppose everyone is different.<br><br>
You called the OB and told them about the pain and they still won't see you yet? Seems like negligence since an ectopic pregnancy can be dangerous. Have you googled the symptoms for ectopics to see if you match?

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I finally talked them into getting me in. After a 3 hour visit...it's not really anything. He thinks. They did an ultrasound and the kidney bean is safe and in the uterus. But my uterus is severely retroflexed and he thinks it's just my ligaments trying to move it into position and rubbing wrong causing the pain.<br><br>
Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts