Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had this pain at the top of my uterus since Sunday & I am completely perplexed as to what it could be. It's mostly on the upper left, but once in a while goes across the top. No consistency to it, happens whether I'm resting or moving, but more intense when moving & standing. It feels like a burning / tearing sensation & the area is not sore to the touch unless I have the pain, then it's sore to touch it. The baby has not been kicking much in this area, and last night it was hurting so bad I was in tears.<br>
I went to the Dr on Monday, they didn't think it was anything to worry about, thought it could be the baby pushing on something or a muscle. I am leaning more towards a muscle, except for the fact that when it's not hurting I don;t feel a thing. I do have an anterior placenta, and keep worrying that something could be going on with that? Or gallbladder? IDk... i had to go to L&D on Tues to check for preterm labor again because I was having small contractions, which have now subsided. Baby sounded good on the monitor, which is great, but I'm still worried. I think I will be calling them tomorrow to ask for an ultrasound to make sure all is okay since it is only getting worse. I am just not comfortable with thinking it "may" be just a muscle, it just doesn't seem right to me.<br>
Has anyone had anything like this before?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, I have a tender spot. I figured it was a muscle or some other tissue stretching. My belly has since dropped, so it isn't so bad anymore. Less tightness across the top of my belly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get a lot of tightness across the top. They did the u/s & there was nothing that stood out as alarming. The Dr & tech told me to relax & enjoy the weekend, so good news there. I'll see what the Ob says next week.<br>
I just hope this doesn't get worse as the weeks go on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts