Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's talk pain relievers for the kid who is allergic to everything, well, not quite everything, but she seems to definitely have an issue with corn. I was talking to our ped the other day and he mentioned Feverall, but he talked about it like it was a powder that I mixed with water. I checked it out on the web and it is a suppository
I am just a little squeamish about sticking something up my child's rectum. That might make me a totally wimpy mom, but hey I can take that. Anyway, what are my other options? We are dealing with the last 4 molars and sleep is hard to come by these days. When she was really little I would use Hyland's teething tablets but they have some milk stuff in them (can't remember exactly right now).

So, in the immediate, I am looking for something to deal with teething pain. Our ped also recommended orajel, which I have never used, is that ok? In the long term I am looking for something for when she has a bad fever or pain that I want to relieve her from.

Thanks!!

Beth

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
My DD2 seems to be okay with the dye free infant tylenol (she's got big corn intolerance as well) but I use it VERY rarely. The last time I used it was when she was 2yo and had a raging infection in her toe and we ended up at the ER. High fever, vomiting, lethargic, etc. (and it didn't bring the fever down at all anyway). They didn't have anything they could give her there either (even the suppositories had soy in them and they didn't want to tax her system any more than it already was) so they gave me a tub of water to sponge her down in the waiting room. I know some people have gotten compounded tylenol (insurance sometimes covers) to use. Sorry I'm not any help.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
corn-free here! I have an older child, we use BC powder. It's just aspirin though, so probably not what you want. I think your doctor was talking about feverall sprinkle caps, rather than the suppository. Open it up and mix with food or drink.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone ever use Camilia by Boiron for teething relief? It doesn't have the lactose in it like Hyland's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.