Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this is come up with! My DD who is now 1yo is getting 4 of her top teeth in. We nurse 2-4 times a day now, but over the past few days, I feel her top teeth on my nipple and it hurts so much! So hasn't bitten down with them, but I feel as if I have razors on my nipples. I really want to nurse, but now I'm so afraid. It hurts more than when we first began our nursing journey! I'm going to put some good ol lanolin on them now as we just finished and she is asleep (finally!!) Any helpful hints or do I just grin and bear it! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
No good tips here, Abylite, just
and I've totally btdt. Sometimes I feel like I'm nursing a baby shark! (all night long...!). It's definitely painful, and all I can say is that it usually only lasts a couple of days tops. I do use lanolin and sometimes icepacks for my breasts too. I also try to get dw to get her down for the night sometimes (saves me a couple of ours of being gnawed on). The only other thing is to try to get her to latch on properly (full mouth open) as I know she is much less painful when she is properly latched on (she & I both get pretty lazy about the latch at this stage). good luck!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yah, ds has a mouthful of teeth now and sometimes he just latches on in a way that is very uncomfortable. I try to relatch him, or sometimes I change breasts; this seems to reset him. But there are days when it just hurts no matter what I do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.