Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a question as much as it is just a statement/experience.

My boys are intact, as you know. My sister has 6-year-old ident. twins who are intact, also. A couple years ago, one had torn his frenulum and bled. I put Neosporin on it and it healed up fine. Today, his brother hasn't torn his frenulum, but was also in pain when he peed and bleeding, my sister said. She referred to me and I took a look. He is mostly retractable, but just at the corona it is attached still except one bit is still attached. Everything looked normal. This bit where it was detached is where it hurts he says so I figured he must've torn it a bit. I put Neosporin on it as it had been bleeding just to ward off infection and scarring. I also asked if he'd pulled on it hard and he said no. Maybe it just stings when he pees, as they both have tapered, pointy openings, and that's what he was saying hurts when he pees (in addition to there being an obvious "cut" there.)

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Yea sounds like a new spot has came loose. My guess is the pain is because some of the urine goes back up under there when he pees. It should get better within 24-48 hours.

Nothing wrong with using something on it to help prevent problems but I would use bacatracin instead of neosporin tho since neosporin can be irritating to the penis. Bacatracin is also OTC but is less likely to cause irritation. Found that out when I took ds to the Dr. for a bacterial infection.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Yea sounds like a new spot has came loose. My guess is the pain is because some of the urine goes back up under there when he pees. It should get better within 24-48 hours.

Nothing wrong with using something on it to help prevent problems but I would use bacatracin instead of neosporin tho since neosporin can be irritating to the penis. Bacatracin is also OTC but is less likely to cause irritation. Found that out when I took ds to the Dr. for a bacterial infection.
Oh. Thanks. I didn't know. I only had Neosporin and he didn't complain when I put it on.
They are going camping tomorrow a.m.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P.S. Now my sister is saying "I should just get him circumcised..." I said "Well you know that part of that would be to rip the rest of it off..."
I don't think she'd do it- she knows I'd get upset. And he has an identical brother. AND... their father is intact and would no go for it.

Poor kid- he also has a broken arm that he had to get screws put in as it was a clean-through break! That was less than a month ago at school; he fell off the monkey bars.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Poor little guy. I would mention to her that even circed boys get raw on the glans especially around the opening. I can understand her being frustrated it is hard when you child is in pain. But if it was her daughter she would just say oh well these things happen and move on.

Some do fine with the neosporin it is just some that are sensitive to it. Thought I would mention a alternative for those that may have that issue.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Papai View Post
Wow, how does the frenulum just tear like that for no reason?

Mine tore a little during sex once but, that's a valid reason.
Well, any tear is "valid". This was his brother whose frenulum tore. Both lid and seat dropped down on him. OUCH.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
Well, any tear is "valid". This was his brother whose frenulum tore. Both lid and seat dropped down on him. OUCH.
Yikes! Ok, yeah that'll cause a tear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.