Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!

My boobs are killing me, and my nipples are even worse!

Taking a shower is like torture! The water falling on my nipples feels like small, burning rocks hitting them. I don't even want to talk about trying to dry myself off with the towel . . .

Sleeping is a problem too... first it I just couldn't sleep near DH or DS for fear of getting bumped or brushed against. Now I can barely stand moving the blanket around on myself.

Is there anything I can do or take to help this feel better? It's very agonizing

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I remember similar feelings in my first pregnancy, although I think it was mainly in my first trimester. In my second pregnancy and this one, I'm breastfeeding, and surprisingly the first trimester was fine, but now that I'm in the second trimester, I'm sore and sensitive, although nothing like it was that first pregnancy! I cringe when he latches on, and am generally sore, but with my first pregnancy I remember waking up every time I moved in bed because it hurt so much!

Try wearing your bra all the time...even when you sleep. Constant touching might be better than an ocassional touch. The shower...can't help you there, except to try not to let the water touch your breasts/nipples directly, have it hit you higher up and run down, that didn't seem to bother me as much.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was going to post something similar this morning. Last night, and this morning, my nips have been killing me. Feels like tingling pain. Both of them but one side is worse. My other kids were breastfed and its similar to those first couple of days but man oh man. I thought I escaped the sore boobs this time around.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Weird! I never had breast pain in the beginning of my pregnancy, but yesterday when I took my bra off to get in the shower (I wear a bra constantly, even at night), I was like ahhhhh - they were so painful. I'm 18 weeks, btw. Really weird.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if more or less bra support would help.

Mine are the worst right after I take my bra off in the evening.

Oddly though, DH can convince me to relax enough for him to touch them... crazy!

My next midwife appt. is Sunday, and this will be the FIRST thing I ask her about!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
One thing I noticed with nipple pain in my first pregnancy is that if I made sure not to get any soap on my nipples, it was better. Try making sure not to let soap/cleanser touch the nipples for a couple of weeks and just wash with water and maybe that will help.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Wear a supportive NON-Underwire bra. Better yet wear a non underwire nursing bra. Sleep bras are great when you are pregnant. My nipples are so bad I can only nurse on one side.

·
Registered
765 Posts
We had to quit nursing, finally
no milk left and ds wasn't interested anymore. It's been about 3 weeks now. But my boobs have gotten MASSIVE in that time and started to get very sore, especially right after getting up. And of course we co-sleep and the first thing ds does is mash the left one with his big beefy paws while trying to sit up. OWWWW! Can't say I've experienced the sore nipples in the shower thing since starting to nurse with ds. I used to put massive amounts of lansinoh on before my shower and that helped a lot.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
mine were real awful too until I bought a mat. bra in a larger size. That helped alot. The soreness is not completely gone away, though.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
mine have been really sore lately too. unfortunately buying a bigger bra isn't a possibility. i already am a k cup. i ahven't found anything bigger.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw my midwife yesterday and talk to her about the boobs.

She recommended massaging my breasts. I tried it last night, and it seemed help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.