Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 yr. old ds has erections that are apparently painful or uncomfortable. For a while now I've noticed that when he has a little baby erection he seems to be in distress. Now that he's older and a little more verbal he cries every time, "Mommy, penis too tight" and he just wails.

His foreskin does not yet retract when he has an erection. As he is able to retract himself can I expect it to not be such an uncomfortable experience for him? And is this normal or something that I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There is a good chance that he is uncomfortable with the erection itself. It is a new sensation and maybe he doesn't know how to tell you that it feels strange and uncomfortable and confusing. That is my best guess. Try having a talk with him about what is going on with his body, see if that helps.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
It's normal, it's just all part of the separation process! Normal erections, him playing with his foreskin, that will all help loosen the adhesions and let them release in their own time. If you let him have nakey time and let him play with his penis on his own, that may help things along.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Thanks Quirky- I totally forgot to mention that he may be starting to separate! That can cause some discomfort when he is erect. Separation is when the foreskin starts to separate from the glans (head) of the penis (it is sealed at birth until this process begins), this is all leading towards partial or complete retractability. It's all normal like Quirky stated.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I babysat a small cut boy who used to say "penis tight" too when he got erections. I figure because, cut or intact, its skin stretching and tightening.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I had a friend who's intact son would get all worried when he got erections. She would just tell him it was normal and to go and pee, then the erection would go away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.