Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm 37 weeks and I've been experiencing this painful sensation off and on (but increasing in frequency) for a couple of weeks.  It's a pain that starts in my low back (both sides simultaneously) and travels up my entire back in waves all the way up to the base of my skull.  When I experience it, it's nearly imobilizing.  I HAVE to keep my back still until it passes (usually about 15-20 seconds).  I thought it was maybe the beginning of back labor, but it doesn't happen regularly enough and if I press on my uterus while it's happening, it doesn't feel hard like it does during BH.  I noticed that this last time that it happened, my belly didn't feel hard while I had the wicked back pain wave, but I did have a BH directly after the wave.  I do think it's somehow related to something happening with my uterus (or surrounding muscles) because I know I've felt this same sensation a couple of times during orgasm when I wasn't pregnant.  (Sorry, TMI)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas what it could be?  Maybe something resulting from an alignment issue?  It doesn't follow a pattern that I've noticed - sometimes when I'm sitting, sometimes when I'm standing. </p>

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
<p>I don't know what it is but I have something similar.  It feels like a charlie horse that works its way up my spine all they way to the very top.  It comes in waves (usually 2 or 3 a few minutes apart) and lasts the 15-20 seconds.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts