Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to try to paint DDs room to look like an enchanted forest. I want to do a large tree that goes up on to the ceiling...some fairies, mice, birds, butterflies and flowers....would it work better to use regular latex wall paint or to use acrylic paint?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I used acrylic paints on DS room a couple years ago, and then sealed it when I was done. It was a lot easier to find the colors I needed, and I didn't have to buy as many.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Acrylics. I have actually done a lage painting/mural with dh awhile back, and one in college. Acrylics are the way to go. If you can mix colors- or can get someone who knows about making colors- you can go even cheaper by making your own colors out of buying primary colors, white and black. Acrylics can be watered down, and keep well, if sealed tightly.
Latex is kind of scary because you will ultimately be breathing fumes and so will your babe, the entire time you will be working on it- whcih could be awhile.
I plan on doing a small mural in the kids room. And for what I am doing I won't need much paint so I am planning on buying cheap acrylics from the crafts store.

HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.