Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only recently started EC'ing my little one in the mornings (almost 3 weeks), and I have also recently started needing to put PJ's on him at night as it is getting chilly here in the evenings. I was wondering what to do when I start pottying him at night but it is so cold that we *need* to wear pajamas?

I really, really, really want to start using EC more often, and especially at night, but I can't for the life of me figure this one out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi Kim,
We are having the same issue here as it is getting colder! I have just tried to put her in bigger sleepers and I don't do up the legs or I have a pair that the bottoms snap on at the waist and I don't put on the bottoms after the first pee or diaper change. As we are hit and miss at night depending on how tired I am and how often she is waking up. One night last week we hit 100% of pees and then last night we hit 100% misses night. I am finding night time ec is harder than day time. and pjs are a problem!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Honestly, we just dressed Ds in 'regular' nighttime wear and didn't do anything special for EC-ing. This didn't make it any harder to make catches in the morning.

Ds' uniform was sleepers with snaps or zippers over a one piece undergarmet, over a diaper and cover. We didn't have much trouble getting all this off in time. Two piece sleeper sets are nice now but require a snapped underlayer to keep warm under gaps.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I second the gowns. DS will be a year soon, and we still intend on having him in gowns this winter. Maybe with some babylegs too. He also has some "normal" PJ's and it's not too bad to get it all off, but sometimes I'm lazy and don't bother to put his pants back on. I figure after we've been in bed for a few hours it's toasty under the covers! But I normally either dress my self just in shorts so I can see how cold he should be, or just check his legs every once and awhile to make sure he's not too cold. But I'd recommend babylegs and a gown, it's pretty simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.