Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this recipe page, does anyone here who follows the Paleo diet have any favorite meals?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Elizabeth, I'll check those out!

That book you mentioned, Neanderthin, isn't that title a tad ignorant (if it's based on the Paleo Diet) since Neanderthals are a totally different species than the **** sapiens sapiens that existed in the Paleo period?
I'm not picking a battle with YOU, just confused by the title.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Neanderthin is just a catchy title...the book itself it quite good
I think it was originally called something else but I am sure the publisher thought it would sell better this way ( my dh is an author and it happened to him too...
)

And yes, I too am not to crazy about Dr Cordains book. But I have to say, a few years ago I had a personal corespondence going with him and he did some some interesting things to say. Also read his article online about grains...I cant find the link right now but I'll keep looking

Tanya

·
Registered
759 Posts
So here is a question for you guys. I know the theory of why to exclude potatoes ad sweet potatoes from a paleo diet, you cant eat them raw. But have you guys have any problems with eating some potatoe...and does the same go for squashes? i dont see myself eating pumpkin raw either...

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, I *JUST* ate a steamed sweet potato with my dinner (chicken & steamed broccoli.) I'm on the fence about that. I think I'll stay away from white potatoes A.) because they don't have a huge nutritional content & B.)they're in the nightshade family & I have occasional joint pain.

Sweet potatoes....I'll have them occasionally, they are chock full of good vitamins. Occasionally means maybe a couple times a month to me.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcarwyn View Post
So here is a question for you guys. I know the theory of why to exclude potatoes ad sweet potatoes from a paleo diet, you cant eat them raw. But have you guys have any problems with eating some potatoe...and does the same go for squashes? i dont see myself eating pumpkin raw either...
I have tried a small amount of potatoes with dinner 2X this week while I have been grain free. I have ended up terribly bloated immediately after!

I seem to be good with carrots, squash ect.

·
Registered
759 Posts
alrighty...a recipe

saute an onion is some coconut oil/olive oil/butter/lard etc until caramelized
add slice portobello ( or regular shrooms) and saute, add garlic and washed shredded kale thats still wet. Add sea salt ( or some soysauce
: ) and pepper, and a little splash of maple syrup ( really...it so good). Put the lid on the pan and simmer/saute for a few minutes untill the kale is done...

tanya

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcarwyn View Post
alrighty...a recipe

saute an onion is some coconut oil/olive oil/butter/lard etc until caramelized
add slice portobello ( or regular shrooms) and saute, add garlic and washed shredded kale thats still wet. Add sea salt ( or some soysauce
: ) and pepper, and a little splash of maple syrup ( really...it so good). Put the lid on the pan and simmer/saute for a few minutes untill the kale is done...

tanya
We know you meant fermented soy sauce
RIGHT?
If not I am reporting you...

·
Registered
759 Posts
and another one ( cause I was just snacking on some)
Flax seed crackers.
Grind some flax seeds, add some seasalt and a little fat then enough water to make it a dough. let it sit for a few minutes to stiffen up. Then spread on a greased cookie sheet covered with some parchment paper and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Put in a 150-170 oven untill crispy or dehydrate in dehydrator. break into pieces.
eat with smoke salmon, dipped in nut butter, with cheese if you do that sort of thing

Tanya

·
Registered
759 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
We know you meant fermented soy sauce
RIGHT?
If not I am reporting you...

Ofcourse, ofcourse!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts