Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know i should be feeling very thankful b/c we just managed to buy a house (in a very crazy housing market here!) but the way we managed to get it was to give a closing date 8 days before i am due!! the reason the family doesnt want to move before that is that the momma in the house is having her first babe!!

so i keep saying yeah well i will give birth wherever my bed is and trying not to worry BUT my big fear is that the baby is going to come early, i will be completely overwhelmed and everything will fall apart!!

i have 2 whole months to get most of the packing done and we will have movers etc BUT the last time i gave birth, it was swell and all but i didnt leave the house for a couple of weeks afterwards. my first trip out was to see the MW but that was low stress b/c they kept saying i could cancel at any point.

i have my sister to help out and i guess i have to make peace that the whole damn thing (the move not to mention the birth) is outa my hands. ok, i just had another sickening thought...what if this birth doesnt go as smoothly and i end up in hospital??? i think it is about control. let go. right??

breathe and let go.

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
momto3,
your reply really helped. it brought tears to my eyes b/c it reinforced the original idea i had that all would be ok...i mean my bed would be there and everything else will fall into place one way or another.

i have arranged for my dtr to be in daycare 2 days a week for all of august and september so i can get organized and my sis is committed to helping me since i paid for $700 worth of car repairs for her when she was desperate. i started calling movers today and hunting for boxes. i am sure it will be ok. i think i am mostly hormonally panicky about the whole scene and the reality will be ok. we have both places for september so nothing has to be done overnight. i also have a grandma neighbour type who has offered to do childcare for free if needed. so really i have to focus on my blessings!!

thanks for your reply and hugs katt!!

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow!!! thanks for all the advice and comforting words. i somehow feel better that i am not alone. not the only momma to be in this crazy-makin situation!!!

today at my playgroup, a mom that i really like said she lives right around the corner from me and would be glad to help unpack or watch my 2 year old!! i wanted to cry b/c it was just what i needed to hear and she was so genuine and kind about it all!!

i think i will get started asap and declutter and start packing. i think once i see things start moving along i will feel better. good luck to all the others who are moving too. we should form a mini support moving group!! september moms on the move!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.