Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I was the kind of woman that was a little more zen. Since I'm not, I'm very busy panicking that my MW appt is going to go badly tomorrow. We're going for our first u/s, and we're going to see (and hopefully hear) a heartbeat.<br><br>
Maybe I spend too much time on the internet, but I can't shake the fear that something is wrong. I'm 8 weeks today, and I've had really minimal symptoms. (Breast soreness, which has mostly disappeared; lower abdominal streching, which comes and goes; mild nausea, which lasts an hour at most and vanishes. And I'm tired). I can almost forget I'm pregnant.<br><br>
I know that thinking positively would be better for both of us. How do I do that? Help a new mama-to-be?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I'm almost 24 weeks and I can forget I'm pregnant sometimes. Think of it this way, what is worrying going to accomplish? It's not going to change the outcome, whatever it is, so keep reminding yourself that as of today, you're pregnant. You can't change tomorrow, but today you're pregnant and there's a little bean in your belly. The rest will work itself out.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I was totally convinced this pregnancy had something wrong because I felt NO symptoms at all!! We went in for an early ultrasound at 5.5 weeks or so (to rule out ectopic) and just saw a sac. We went in a week later at 6.5 weeks hoping to see a heartbeat, and there was none detected. At that point, I thought it should be seen! I totally lost faith and figured I had about an 80 percent chance it was another missed miscarriage. Then, a week later heartbeat detected! And now, 20 weeks, all's well. Still very few symptoms!!! So, it can just be a minimal symptom pregnancy! Good luck! I know how you feel!

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
I forget Im pregnant too... 21 weeks tomorrow. Should have an ultrasound this week for my anatomy scan and I know that will remind me Im pregnant again until I am far enough along that I can ALWAYS feel baby.<br><br>
There are times I cant forget. Like laying in bed this morning I felt baby get hiccups!<br><br>
But other times I just wonder why Im so tired or so sore and if Im dumb enough to say it out loud some smartalec will point at my stomach.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
My first two pregnancies were nearly symptom free, as you describe, esp. in the first trimester. I delivered two full-term, healthy, happy babies. Not everyone gets sick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts