Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after my DD being traumatised ( me too) by the whole being restrained in the pappose thing we left her alone. When she was restrained she was choking and the dentist didn't even help clear it away or anything. She just kept working while my DD choked on her own puke and the water they were spraying in her mouth while flat on her back strapped in. All the while telling me that it is completely normal and I could leave the room while they finished. Even though it has been almost a year, thinking about it makes me want to puke. I stopped it but not nearly soon enough. The only other option was to let that witch give her GA in the hospital and do it. Honestly this lady was not a kid person in the least ( I don't know what bussiness she has being a kids only dentist!) From minute one she had a really nasty disposition that make DD squirm before she even touched her to just look at her teeth. I should have known better right then, but I didn't. It's funny how kids know about people, DD was fine when my dentist looked at her teeth and also the most recent dentist. I really still do not want this lady within 100 ft of my DD. We decided to leave it alone as they got the cavities and the bonding on just not the filling. Well yesterday her tooth broke and it is bothering her. We tried to do it in the office of the new dentist and she wouldn't go for it. So now we have the only option of giving her a GA in the hospital or at another dentists office. This really makes me feel sick! On of my most frightening memorys that still makes me sick to my stomach 20 some odd years later is an eye surgury when I was about 18 mos. Being held down tight by a couple of nurses while they put in the IV and not being able to move. I remember being scared out of my witts and wanting my mom. This still bothers me as an adult. I don't want my DD to feel this way. Anyone else been here?
Krista

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am so stressed by the whole thing. I don't know what is going to happen. The soonest they can take her at the hospital is Sept! Also the only dentist that is available is that witch who we saw before I don't know what to do. I hope you understand why I am so freaked out about a child being alone with a dentist in a pappose. I know it's not normal and I really blame myself for not stopping it even sooner.
Krista

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.