Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 13 months and recently got strep and was on antibiotics. She had scarlet rashes everywhere and after 5 days of the antibiotics, the rashes disappeared. We did the full course of antibiotics, and although there is no rash, she is showing the same symptoms of strep again (discomfort eating solids, pain while nursing, difficulty sleeping more than normal). Unfortunately they are the same symptoms as teething, so I'm confused! I recently had to change pediatricians cause they wouldn't believe me when I said she had rashes and we only found out about the strep when we took her to the er after 6 days of pain..which then they tried to tell me that I was paranoid about the strep assuming I had self diagnosed her when I was following up (DH and I were originally thinking it was a food allergy when they kept insisting she was fine). She plays ok during the day... Since I was branded the paranoid mom at the last place I'm a bit weary about taking her to the new place if it's all just nothing but super gas? Haha! I wonder if anyone's child experienced any discomfort after antibiotics????

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
<p>is she allergic to the antibiotic? i also get rashes from an amoxicillin allergy but there's other stuff they can give. i don;t think it so unusual to think the strep was resistant to the treatment. i'd go in again.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts