Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I think THIS has got to be the most unique question ever asked on The Case Against Circumcision forum:

This a question to all the parents with circumcised sons whose sons know they're circ'd and know you're intactivist: Have they ever used their circ'd status as a way to get something they want by making you feel guilty about it?

scenario:

boy: "I want to go sleepover at Timmy's house tonight."
parent: "No, sorry, you can't.
boy: "But I really want to!"
parent: "The answer is no!"
boy (yelling): "But you had me circumcised!!!"

I've wondered this question for a while and have been afraid to ask... because it's just way out there! I do not want any circ'd sons peeking over your shoulder to read this and get any tricky ideas!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
manipulation at an all new level.

unfortunately, my son tells me he's glad he's circ'd, so im no help.
:
:

anythign that i see that supports circ. makes me so so sad.
:
:

i feel so guilty that manipulation would prob. work on me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mmm not quite. But I HAVE seen moms that feel so guilty they give their boys extreme amounts of leverage.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
nope, not so far. but it wouldn't work on me anyway. i feel a great deal of remorse for having made the decision i made--i consider it the worst thing i have ever done as a parent--but i can't change it and i won't be manipulated b/c of it.

i love my boys too much to make decisions based on guilt.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My best friend is a guy who was circumcised. Thirty some years ago I dont think there was much discussion about it. Anyway, he ates it. He has mentioned to his mom several times that he wishes she hadnt done it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.