Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My extended family and I are going to Paris for a week. We have an apartment and I’ll have a car. I’d really appreciate ideas.<br><br>
There will be several kids under 4, a few kids between 11-16, and lots of adults. We’ll split up quite a bit as well.<br><br>
Most people have been to Paris before so we’ll skip some of the more obvious choices. I’d really like to do some interesting stuff.<br><br>
Thoughts?<br><br><br><br><br>
Elphaba??

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have no advice about Paris, having never been, but I wanted to ask Elphaba why there's a rule about Speedos. Is that all over Europe or just Paris? And WHY? Okay, now I'm going to go fantasize that my family is going to Paris...and I get to stay home by myself! :LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll just pop in here and answer the question about the bathing suit.<br><br>
The way I understand it, men are supposed to wear bathing suits that look briefs (e.g. speedos) and not bathing suits that look like boxer shorts. This is to make sure that men are actually wearing bathing suits and not just their underwear - you see many men in France wear boxer shorts.<br><br>
It's supposed to be for hygiene reasons.

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Elphaba</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Am a bit keyed up after ANOTHER in-law explosion.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
Oh, no....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts