Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the better booster for long term use? I am looking for one for *very* occassional use at present and to have on hand for when she outgrows her Marathon (tho we might get a Regent as a main seat after she outgrows the Marathon).

·
Banned
5,868 Posts
A three year old shouldn't be in a booster period, even for 'very occasional use'. If you need an alternate travel seat, you need to consider another harnessed seat. How much does she weigh and how tall is she?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, yes.... She's 35# and 39 inches.

So, if we were buying a booster for a five and a half yr old cousin who is coming to stay with us for a couple weeks (and who will be in town thereafter and we'll be transporting her often) whose parents don't believe in boosters after the fifth birthday because the law only requires it through four.... which would you recommend? I'd like to get one of these for her, in the hopes my kids can use them in a couple yrs also.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
http://www.albeebaby.com/fiprsavoboca.html

This is a great seat IMO and would be perfect for the 5yo. I'm even thinking about getting one for AJ, but can't for the life of me think as to when he would use one.
He'd be 9 or so before it expired though so I guess he'd use it sometime.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
I personally don't love the Parkway because the seat is slopely (is that a word?), and it ends up being very uncomfortable for a bigger kid. I think I would probably go for a Compass B510 (not the B505). It folds and has resonable side impact protection, a relatively high back (not as tall as the PW) and the seat depth is generous. I don't know much about the vivo. This booster comparison page might be of help, although the child is much older than five.

I also agree with ThreeBeans, a three year old should not be in a booster.

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/boosterfit.aspx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.