Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 12% of babies in the US are breastfed until their first birthdays.

My first son and I only made it to three months for many, many reasons.

Jayden has had his first birthday and we are still nursing with no intention to stop anytime soon. This board has been a strong part of my support system and we could not have done it without you mamas. I mean that very sincerely. Thank you so much for the support.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Congratulations! It's amazing how much bf'ing can add to your relationship, huh? I can't believe it's only 12%! I have a 15 month old and I don't feel like it's EB yet. He's still so little! Good job making it work this time!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
nak
we will also be happily joining you a week from tommorrow.

i never realize what a minority we are, because of my wonderful friends from LLL, and here...

its so sad to see that (only) 12% number.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Isn't it sad that it's Ross Labs collecting the data....bet they're thinking up new ways to get the numbers down again.
:

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Well, it was 17.6% in 2000. If rates continued to climb as per the prev yrs, it may be 19-20% by now.

I am saddened that only 17.2% of babies were exclusively bfed at 6 mos in 2000. What do you want to bet those are the same ones still being bfed at 1 yr?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.