Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son (6 1/2 y.o.) was vaxed through 18 months (which means I just skipped the 4-6 year old boosters). I always panicked through the vaxing but trusted the doctors that he might be worse without them. i feel he had a psychological reaction at 18 months, so i havent vaxed since. I would really like to go to Tanzania as a family soon. But I dont want to put him at much risk, either by vaxing or by going somewhere where he would be at risk for diseases that could cause permanent damage (or death). Malaria is also a concern, and even though there is no vax for it, I worry about taking the preventative meds, and also about skipping them. Malaria is a serious disease, especially in children, and from what I have read progresses much faster in children. Does anyone have any thoughts and advice on all of this, especially from those who may travel or live in East Africa? Or, does anyone know of an organization to contact to find out about these specifics (especially the malaria), one that isnt blindly pro-main stream medical opinions? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts