Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coping Mothers
Internet-Based Research Study

The Coping Mothers project is a research study examining the effects of perceived health, coping methods, and differentiation on relationship satisfaction 6-12 months postpartum mothers. Your participation in the study may help researchers learn how differentiation and coping abilities when dealing with health problems effects relationship satisfaction.

Researchers are looking for women who meet all the following criteria:
•First time mothers with child(ren) who are 6-12 months of age
•Are currently in a long-term relationship or marriage with the child's father
•Are fluent in English

If you are interested in participating in this internet-based research project, please click on the link below (no password needed) or cut and paste the following URL address: http://69.51.190.45/IntWeb.dll?IMODE...=WICKEL.WICKEL

If you have questions or concerns before deciding to participate, please call Dr. Anne Edwards at Purdue University Calumet (219) 989-2863, or email her at [email protected]. This study was approved by the institutional review board at Purdue University on December 11, 2009, (protocol #0912008704).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, just for those who are curious, differentiation is a concept that describes the balancing of the need to be an individual and also that of having close relationships with others.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I took the survey- but as a heads up, you might not want to have a 'timed out' option if you want moms of babes under two to fill it out. I had to start over because I was needed for nursing!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by femalephish View Post
I took the survey- but as a heads up, you might not want to have a 'timed out' option if you want moms of babes under two to fill it out. I had to start over because I was needed for nursing!
Totally! Only I had gotten a good long way there and just gave up...I wondered though if that was sort of part of the survey, to see who actually got all the way through. Sort of a measure of how much time a new mother actually has on their hands.

It's WICKED long!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ladies, thank you so much for your responses!

sapphire_chan: I would be happy to email you results after we have them (it will probably be around May-ish). Just send me an email at [email protected], with your email address.

Laur318: I will let you know as soon as we fix it, I meet with my professor on Tuesday.

sky_and_lavender: It will still be up by then, and I would love for you to take it.

You're support is great, thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately, right now it looks like 30 minutes is the maximum, but I'm trying to work on over riding the system. It's proving more difficult than I expected, but thank you for your patience. If I can get it changed I will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender View Post
My daughter will be 6 months on the 28th. If the study is still open then, I'll take the survey.
If you are still interested in taking the survey, please do!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you so much, ladies!! I got enough to graduate on time. I will be leaving the survey up for the next several week for anyone else who would like to participate. The more participants, the more accurate the study is. This means that I will have a higher likelihood of being able to publish it, and if it is published any findings can be used professionals working with new moms, or the new moms themselves. Keep the responses coming!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.