Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a classical homeopath, and say, some other kind of homeopath? How would I know if a doctor I found was classical? (Is that a totally obvious question? Should I just ask them?)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
What's the difference between a classical homeopath, and say, some other kind of homeopath? How would I know if a doctor I found was classical? (Is that a totally obvious question? Should I just ask them?)

Thanks

There are several "types" of homeopaths. One can do acute homeopathy for acute illness, disease, injury. Like allopathy, it is symptom relief.

Classical homeopath considers the person's whole emotional, intellectual, coping, physical, symptoms, behaviors, etc. and selects a remedy most *like* all that inclusively. It addresses the core vital force of the individual.

There are other types of professional homeopaths. But, basically that is my understanding.

The over the counter homeopathics also include "the shotgun approach". Which basically throws all remedies that help that symptom and maybe one of them will work.
http://www.naturalhealers.com/qa/homeopathy.html

Generally, folks practice homeopathy acutely, as that is what Westerners are used to. I have a problem, I fix that problem. But, classical homeopaths would generally identify themself as such. And usually, they only do homeopathy, rather than practice naturopathy or other natural medicine therapies which are diagnostic and symptomatic processes.

Pat

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've been really interested in classical homeopathy from some of the threads on here. But from some of the comments, I get the impression that a remedy won't work if there are other medications being taken at the same time. Does that mean as a insulin-dependent diabetic, classical homeopathy won't help me? I saw an ND (not a classical homeopath) a few times and her remedies didn't ever seem to do much for me. Insulin is the only medication I take besides supplements, but clearly there are preservatives and such in it besides just the insulin.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
It would help.

With medications which suppress the body's reactions, you may "mask" behaviors or symptoms, which wouldn't then be included in your narration/picture. But, if the homeopathist knows of the medications, she can suggest a more frequent dosing with lower strength remedies.

The insulin is not an issue to homeopathy working.

Pat

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by txtarheel View Post
Thanks! I might contact the one you recommended. I'm just about three hours from Charlotte, so maybe we could meet in person and then try phone consults.
Naomi's initial consultation is about three hours long. I highly recommend making the trip to see her. She is amazing.

Pat

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post

Thanks

You can just ask them, but there are many other approaches to homeopathy that take into account the entire person. It's not just clinical vs. classical.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by txtarheel View Post
I've been really interested in classical homeopathy from some of the threads on here. But from some of the comments, I get the impression that a remedy won't work if there are other medications being taken at the same time. Does that mean as a insulin-dependent diabetic, classical homeopathy won't help me? I saw an ND (not a classical homeopath) a few times and her remedies didn't ever seem to do much for me. Insulin is the only medication I take besides supplements, but clearly there are preservatives and such in it besides just the insulin.
Homeopathy is complementary medicine, not alternative medicine. It would be fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.