Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex has signed the affidavit of parentage after (needless) DNA testing and all that, but never had his name put on DD's birth certificate. There's just a blank there, and I'm okay with that. Made it easy to get her passport etc.

It isn't looking like he knows that his name didn't just automatically get put on there. He moved out of state, and due to some pending warrants is probably not coming back. He has also stopped contacting DD and myself.

What are the future consequences/benefits of not having a name on the BC? Paternity is established, but the BC is still blank. Anyone?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I can't think of anything offhand. I certainly have never suffered for not having a father's name on my birth certificate. Since you've got a determination of paternity, whatever documentation you've got should serve for issues like CS (yeah, I know, fat chance, but it could change in the future) and custody determinations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.