Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>hello jamie!  last time i asked about my relationship with my husband, you mentioned that we weren't on the same page spiritually and that we live more like roommates than partners.  what is the path that we need to take to get to better grounds for our relationship?  i can never seem to link up with him lately and it just escalates into more stress and pulls us farther apart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks!</p>

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
<p>Here is what I am seeing/feeling:</p>
<p>It's time to pull a TIME OUT! (like a referee calling a time out)</p>
<p>You must tell him to STOP what he is doing in order to avoid you.</p>
<p>Time out!</p>
<p>I think you should actually say this in order to get his attention. (maybe this is speaking his man language? lol)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then you have to tell him, there is nothing more important than you and your life together and you have scheduled some kind of class to go to together like couples massage (or whatever sounds fun that you think he would even participate in). Also, you won't take no for an answer. Clear the books. pencil you in...whatever it takes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I honestly don't feel it will take much to get on the right track again. There is not love lost or anything. Just getting so focused on other things and it's easy to take each other for granted. You two can do this. You will do this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But you have to get his attention (which is lame that you have to do it, but that's the way it goes sometimes). So call a time out to make him listen to you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He will.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts