Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, in <a href="http://knitpicks.com/Plain+Vanilla+Pullover_PD50559220.html" target="_blank">this</a> pattern order form thingy, it lists the sizes in a series of measurements. Is this a bust/chest measurement? Or a length measure?<br><br>
And can you suggest a cheap superwash wool/wool blend to make it with? I think I want a more substantial sweater than the cotton it's listed with.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That ought to be a chest/bust measurement. KnitPicks Swish superwash is really nice and soft, although not the hugest selection of colours. Cascade 220 superwash is pretty inexpensive too. But hmm...that's a DK weight yarn...I don't know of DK weight superwash yarns. The Crayon yarn is super soft though, really nice for a summer sweater.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes, I really love Knitpick's superwash, it is lovely soft! I find that most of the yarn there runs at a tighter gauge than listed- I have a hard time even getting 5 st/" with the ww superwash Bare (just like swish, but undyed) without it looking too loose, and the suggested gauge on that is 4.5-5 st/". I think you would get the 5.5 st/" nicely with that yarn. But it looks like they do have a superwash DK, but only undyed if you want to try that.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm. I'm at about 40.5". The 40" size takes 7 balls of the crayon(897yd) and the 44.5" size takes 9 balls (1452yd). I just dug around in my stash and found 2 balls (435 each) plus most of another (about 300yd, if I did the math right) of wool-ease sport wt. It says 5 st=1" on 5 US needles. That should work, and be enough yarn, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts