Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What pattern works best for you and why? Also can I just trace my bummies whisper wraps for a pattern or should I find another one?
Thanks,
Jen

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well, my *favorite* pattern is the one I drew myself...but I like the Mamabird pattern quite a bit. If you'd like to draw up your own pattern, there's a really neat tutorial here on how to draft a diaper cover (she also has one for a fitted diaper pattern, you'll need it as well to do the cover): http://community.webshots.com/album/262014292xArJuQ

You can trace a diaper or wrap that you already have an develop a pattern from it...here's a website that talks about that:
http://www.geocities.com/cyndiegran/diaperpatterns.html

HTH!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, those were really helpful! I'm going today to get all of my supplies. Who knows maybe I'll have my first homemade diape by the end of the day??

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReneeC View Post
Well, my *favorite* pattern is the one I drew myself...
Same here
I drew it specifically to fit my daughter, so it works the best for her. Besides my pattern my other favorite is Fattycakes. The fit is almost as good as the one which is tailored for her shape.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I traced my BSWW and used that as the pattern for a few T&T diapers, and then made adustments based on how the dipes I made fit my son. I ended up shortening the length, lengthening the back tabs, and narrowing the crotch a bit to come up with a great pattern that I love. So to answer your question, yes you can trace a wrap and use that as the basis of your pattern. My kid is quite chunky and the diapers I made fit him very well, so if you've got a skinny kid, you might want to make the pattern smaller right from the beginning to avoid a really loose fit. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.